No announcement yet.

What were your favourite 80s clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffball dresses, I was always too young to wear one, I would like to see some pictures of the best, Gwen Stefani has already started the trend!

Comment

I was born in 80, so I had the misfortune of a reversable 101 dalmations sweatshirt - along with about 8000 other people.

Also those magic shoes from Clarkes with a key in the bottom in a bubble. I went mad for them, and my mum wouldn't let me have them because they were slingbacks!

Comment

i also had reversible dalmation jumper, weren't they warm though!!?? and i wasn't allowed the clarkes shoes either!!!
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Oh I think we ALL had the infamous reversible 101 Dalmations Sweatshirt!!! What was that about???

My personal favourites though were

Deeliboppers (more an accessory than clothes)
          The Snood (is it a scarf? is it a hat? Is it a mini skirt?)

Comment

Heh, Fat Willies surf shack T-shirts from Deven/Cornwall. How sad was I?

Comment

spray on snowash jeans with ankle zips, shoulder padded black and white striped blouse with red braces...top that off with some delightful "Rodeo" trainers and flouro ski jacket, all from clockhouse at C&A and a few(million bright blonde) highlights and i was fit to pull at the disco......mmmmmmmm

Comment

fav 80s clothes

oh memoriesw.memories, i loved the clothes out in the summer of 83, pastel skirts and tops or white,also white court shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by 999charliec
                  ...top that off with some delightful "Rodeo" trainers

hehehehe...............you couldn't afford the real deal Hi-tecs either then........I remember having them and being affronted cos all my mates had the Hi-tecs

Comment

Early 80s - Ski Jumper!

Mid 80s- Lois Jeans, Nike trainers 'La Coste' V neck (M+s jumper with croc iron on logo got of a dodgey wideboy at school!)

Very Late 80s - Travel Fox trainers. A bit like a leather converse all star, with big tongues- these were sh*t hot at the time!!

John
                    Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

Bat wing jumpers, scarves tied in my hair..(what was I doing??), neon laces in trainers, (odd of course) braces..I gave them up in the end as I had bruises on my back from where people 'pinged' them, waistcoats (used to get them from Oxfam). I didn't wear it but at my school you HAD to have a Head or Puma sports bag, some were so big we could fit the smaller kids inside them.
                      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I used to love girls in those jumper dresses (c.1980/1).
                        just a extra long tight fitting jumper,but damn sexy to a 14 year old!!

Comment

i had a white frilly shirt
                          The Damned

Comment

hi guys...

lol..laughing at some of these...during the 80's, and in no particular order, I had burgundy and grey stay press trousers..lol..black Cords AND grey 'Jumbo' cords..Hi tec White boots..lol.. clarks commando Shoes..Doc Martin Shoes and R.A.F. Ammo boots for the Air Cadets..A Donkey Jacket (but not a mink with N.C.B. on the back! lol) a black Harrington jacket, though I remember folk wearing Red and Blue ones! A 'Kevin Keegan' Gola Sports Holdall that was absolutely masssive!!! A Wrangler Jersey in Black, Grey and Purple (all in one Jersey!) a 'Y' Cardigan..some really **** tank tops like the guy from Sparks!!! A really bad Red Kagoul A Blue 'Snorkel' Jacket A Green Parka my grans hand knitted grey school jumpers..Puma Trainers, A pair of hideous jeans that were blue but for some reason had red pockets front and back?..what was that about..a 'grandad' shirt without the collar..a Canadian Airforce flying jacket Brevet Battle Dress thing...very teardrop explodes...various Army Surplus clothes or things 'acquired' from the Air Cadet Stores!! lol.. loved my Italian Combat Jacket with the stars on the Collar...a leather jacket (but not with the White lapels like Biff from Saxon!) various londsadale teeshirts..lol...many heavy metal band tshirts..lol

Think thats about it for now..loved the 80's..great times..

Rab ;0)

Fife
                            Scotland

Comment

oh my..... Black satin baggy pants, white satin shirt, white brogues and a red bow tie..... well thats what I used to wear for the International matches at the local Rugby Club in Lancaster when I worked the bar!
                              However it was baggy pants with braces and the white wing collar shirt, white trainers or those boots that fell round your ankles.... what were they called girls? aand the hair was lightly permed below the shoulder but held up with a ....... BANANA CLIP! Those were the days.... and much to my eldests embarrassment I would wear it all again now!
                              sigpic
                              Mrs Oggy
                              ~~~*~~~*~~~
                              Count your friends amongst the stars....
                              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Hi all..

Can anyone remember these particularly **** items of footwear? Polyvelts? lol lol lol..'Banana' shoes, 'Chuckka' Boots..' those plastic shoes girls all wore..Moon Boots anyone? lol lol..'pixie boots' girls? 'flag' shoes with the wee German flag on the side? lol lol..'Proper' Baseball Boots, like the Harlem Globetrtters wore..lol..black sandshoes for Gym class..

ah the 80's eh?

Rab ;0)

Anyone remember 'Major Domos' boots?

Comment

Working...
                                X