Number of characters in a posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of characters in a posting

When I tried to post my synopsis on The Krypton Factor on the Television thread, something happened for the first time that I have just found out:

There seems to be a limit of 10,000 characters for each post - I had exceeded over 11,000 characters. Is that true, or has there always been that limit of 10,000 characters on this forum? - does this exist on most other forums, I wonder?

I know that my opening gambits when I start threads in here can be quite long - I make no apology over that, and so I do go into detail a bit as a result, but this is the first time it has happened to myself. As a result of this, I have had to split my original prose into two posts. I believe that I have set the record for the most number of words in a opening posting in this forum!

Just wondering really - I suppose that as a I am a writer of long detail, it would be great if the number of characters was extended if that was possible. I believe that all members should be free to express themselves even if means writing as much as they want to.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Number of characters in a posting

Hi no one has ever mentioned this before, I've had a look and can't see any mention of a limit.
    I do know you can only post a certain amount of smileys.
    I'll pass your question on to Admin and get back to you
    Heather

Comment

I think that the reason no one has ever mentioned this before is because they don't write posts that uses as many words as I do! - I happened to find that out for myself.

Thanks Heather.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

. The answer to this is that, while it is technically possible for us to increase the character limit, there is a security reason for it being there. If we allow people to add large amounts of data, hackers and spammers can take advantage of this and overload our systems so I won't be increasing the limit at this time.

Sorry Admin
        Heather

Comment

On this topic, would it be possible to increase the number of pix in a post? The limit is very low and an emoji counts towards the total!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
            . The answer to this is that, while it is technically possible for us to increase the character limit, there is a security reason for it being there. If we allow people to add large amounts of data, hackers and spammers can take advantage of this and overload our systems so I won't be increasing the limit at this time.

Sorry Admin

Good point - mind you, not too many people make long posts and so it wouldn't be much of a problem.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X