Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usborne Book to Re-Issue 70s Ghost Book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usborne Book to Re-Issue 70s Ghost Book.

Originally posted by tex View Post
    There must be thousands of books on the supernatural, my question is why is this particular book extraordinary?
    It must be to someone.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      ?? But there are thousands of photos
      Not one VERIFIED my a respectable society though .

There was a $1 million dollar reward /prize fund available for 25 YEARS !!

All you had to do was prove by photo/ video or replicate something some kind of paranormal activity in lab conditions.

Not one person was able to prove anything ... ghosts / aliens / UFOs / levitation / telekinesis/ mind readers etc etc

Uri Geller was famously found to be cheating LIVE on TV by James Randi ..

Google James Randi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I recall one Russian woman who claimed she could move ‘metal’ objects by mindpower .. .. but the scientists were puzzled why she could only move METAL objects..

She sat at a desk under lab conditions and was able to move the metal drawing pins on the table just by concentrating ( yawn) ....
        Of course she was elated until the body scan which revealed that she had tiny magnets on her thighs - UNDER her skin !!!!!

Comment

That sounds awful! I've seen many foreign onjects under a persons skin but never magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
            That sounds awful! I've seen many foreign onjects under a persons skin but never magnets.
            Worth a try for a million dollars

Comment

Semi-relevant, but when I was a kid, I loved the Arthur C. Clarke Mysterious World book. My parents had a copy that they got from the Readers' Digest club, and I read it endlessly back then. It was a tie-in to the TV series from the early 1980s. Amazing cover, as well:

At about the same time, I was obsessed with the PG Tips 'tea card' series Unexplained Mysteries. I was constantly trying to chivvy my parents up to drink more tea, so that they would have to buy more, so I could get the next card.
              Attached Files

REMEMBER: cream first, jam second...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                On a similar genre, I use to purchase the weekly magazine called 'The Unexplained.' I started collecting them around 1979 I think.
                "The Unexplained" - These books are wonderful. I have the full collection in the atic.

Comment

Because of the new Borley Rectory film starring Reece Shearsmith. It was where I first read about it too - the name alone gives me the creeps today
                  http://carrionfilms.co.uk/2019/07/17...-october-14th/

“Haunted by the story for 40 years and a film subsequently 6 years in the making, ‘Borley Rectory’ was a labour of love, so there was never a chance of me handing it over to anyone who I didn’t believe would do it justice. The Nucleus release of ‘Borley Rectory’ is everything I could have hoped for and more. Not only does it feature a pristine transfer of the film, it also boasts an incredibly in-depth, highly entertaining and informative feature-length ‘making of’ covering not just the colourful production of the film, but the journey that led me there. Nucleus also allowed and encouraged me to dig deeper into both the legend and the obsessions that led to the film being made. The disc is literally groaning with extras; ghost related featurettes, in-depth interviews with Borley experts, insights from Stephen Volk, Reece Shearsmith and Jonathan Rigby, and an exclusive interview with the publishers of the children’s book that started this journey way back in 1979. Borley Rectory was the Mount Everest of hauntings. This Blu-ray is the Everest of releases.”
                  – Ashley Thorpe, Director of BORLEY RECTORY

This release of Borley Rectory has inspired Usborne Publishing to re-release their classic “The World of the Unknown: All About Ghosts” book, which was a huge influence on director Ashley Thorpe and Actor Reece Shearsmith, who has written an introduction to the new edition. The book can be pre-ordered here:

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
                    "The Unexplained" - These books are wonderful. I have the full collection in the atic.
                    Do you still have the reocrd that came with the first one? That thing was scary as hell to me as a kid.

Artur C Clarke. what a great show that was!

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
                      Sadly, I stopped collecting them after a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                        Do you still have the reocrd that came with the first one? That thing was scary as hell to me as a kid.

Artur C Clarke. what a great show that was!
                        Oh, never knew they came with a record.. wow.

Comment

I was not familiar with the Borley rectory legend so i checked out the trailer for the film and it looked really good so i tried to watch it on my "dodgy" firestick but there was no link
                          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I still have mine
                            Attached Files
                            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

My god, I remember that our school library had the UFO book - I read that time and again back then when we had a 'wet playtime' (which, in the UK, was at least once a week).

I might have to get on eBay and grab myself a copy. Thank you for the reminder!

REMEMBER: cream first, jam second...

sigpic

Comment

The reissue is a surprising thin volume but looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X