Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usborne Book to Re-Issue 70s Ghost Book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usborne Book to Re-Issue 70s Ghost Book.

Though I already have my copy, it's quite something that this is getting a re-issue.

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/u...ghosts-1022216

Attached Files

Re: Usborne Book to Re-Issue 70s Ghost Book.

Why?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

The front cover of that book looks rather like a Dorling-Kindersley type publication - was Usborne part or DK at the time, or did they merge?

(I can't help thinking about Robin Cooper's correspondence to DK in his first Timewaster Letters book).
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I've got a book that combines this with the UFO & Monsters books in the same series.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Loved those kind of books as a kid, always got them out from the library and would read them with my mate who was also madly into ghosts and the supernatural (unfortunately he died years ago).

Tempted to get it but it would just sit in a cupboard unread nowadays. Although if I see it in a store i might grab it (to save the $6 postage from amazon).

Comment

On a similar genre, I use to purchase the weekly magazine called 'The Unexplained.' I started collecting them around 1979 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
              On a similar genre, I use to purchase the weekly magazine called 'The Unexplained.' I started collecting them around 1979 I think.
              As an avid believer in the ufo phenomena i had a monthly subscription for UFO magazine, a niche publication which was hard to find in many newsagents,i would sometimes contribute reports and the occasional letter, alas due to financial difficulties the hard copy version was discontinued after about 15 years and it continued online only, at this point my enthusiasm for the subject diminished, i still believe there is inteligent life elsewhere in the universe however, but fear we will never be told the truth by the people trusted with the full facts..

Comment

Yes, there were numerous blurred pictures of ufo sightings. Sadly, I consider all of them as hoaxes.
                Ironically, in the age we live in with mobile phones with superior cameras and video, we seem to have very little ufo sightings.

Comment

Yes, there were numerous blurred pictures of ufo sightings. Sadly, I consider all of them as hoaxes.
                  Ironically, in the age we live in with mobile phones with superior cameras and video, we seem to have very little ufo sightings.
                  You're right Moonraker there are a hell of a lot of fake photos and videos many of which are quite convincing until you dig a little deeper of-course, however the credibility of the subject does not solely depend upon photos and film, there is the testimony of senior military personel, astronauts,pilots,police and even two US presidents in addition to tens of thousands of civilians from around the world, i tend not to attempt to convince non believers that the phenomena is real as i know my opinion is never going to change anyones mind but if somebody wants to be convinced i can be pushed....Jason sorry to detract from your OP

Comment

That’s what makes me laugh about these people who are so convinced about ghosts and UFOs ..

There must be about 30 billion cameras (mobiles ) across the globe and all 50 years of rumours yet not ONE single photograph of one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      Why?
                      Why not?
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I bought a few of these as a kid, the first came with that floppy plastic record of "voices from the grave". We listened to that round my mate's house (same one i mentioned earlier) and none of us would sleep in that room.
                        I later inherited a near complete collection from a (then) GF's brother, I have no idea what happened to those, although I seem to have a dim memory of selling them at a car boot sale.

I still have a strong interest in the subject, although technology has got to a point now where any photographic/video proof cannot be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          That’s what makes me laugh about these people who are so convinced about ghosts and UFOs ..

There must be about 30 billion cameras (mobiles ) across the globe and all 50 years of rumours yet not ONE single photograph of one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          ?? But there are thousands of photos

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                            Why not?
                            There must be thousands of books on the supernatural, my question is why is this particular book extraordinary?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                              I bought a few of these as a kid, the first came with that floppy plastic record of "voices from the grave". We listened to that round my mate's house (same one i mentioned earlier) and none of us would sleep in that room.
                              I later inherited a near complete collection from a (then) GF's brother, I have no idea what happened to those, although I seem to have a dim memory of selling them at a car boot sale.

I still have a strong interest in the subject, although technology has got to a point now where any photographic/video proof cannot be trusted.
                              Your final comment here Mulletino is the main reason i lost interest, so many smart *** kids in bedrooms making fake videos which served only to debunk the subject

Comment

Working...
                              X