Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any gamers here?

Default Any gamers here?

I'm 43 now, and got my first computer when I was 10 - a ZX Spectrum + back in 1986. The start of a long love-affair with gaming. I went from Spectrum to Amiga to PC; mostly playing on computers but always having a console on the go.

I know there is a DYR thread about games and memories, but I was wondering if there are any fellow nostalgics here who still enjoy modern games and gaming? I am mostly PC / Steam these days. My PS4 died a death last year and I might as well hang on for the PS5 in 2020.

Be nice to have a gaming chat with you lot; maybe even see if we can get something online going on. Unless it's just me here who still loves games?!

REMEMBER: cream first, jam second...

Default Re: Any gamers here?

Oddly enough whilst watching The Phantom Menace today one of the scenes gave me a flashback moment of playing the Terminator 2 game ... the level where all those skeleton type robots were running towards the screen ..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went C64 to Amiga to PC from about 1982, so had a similar background and still play some modern stuff - I tend to go for the indie games instead of the AAA stuff.

The difference is now that I don't have the patience with games. Back in the day I would happily sit down for hours with a text adventure, but I downloaded one on emulation the other day and just gave up after about 30 seconds, which is kind of sad.

Modern game I've spent most time on lately is probably Everspace. I'm also revisiting Superhot at the moment after a long break.

I got seriously addicted to the Colin McCrae Rally series of games but then I discovered the wonders of the Call of Duty series and lost years of my life playing multiplayer ONLINE ... I never once played the campaign mode .

I played the PC versions using keyboard and mouse

Nah, not for the past 20 years or so...i can still see the appeal however
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I've played Assassin Creed, i liked it, the screen does move a bit too quick in parts though, made me dizzy! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Nah, not for the past 20 years or so...i can still see the appeal however
    I we had some spare cash I’d certainly be getting a new PC gaming computer...

I still play games on pc and console. Started with a Commodore VIC-20 in the early 80's, now use a gaming pc and usually a XBox One. I tend to avoid online gaming except for World of Tanks on console (gave up on the pc version as the community is just toxic).

Yup, been gaming at home since 78 with the Atari VCS, which I still have.

I still enjoy retro gaming and also modern consoles, my modern console love started with the PlayStation and i've bought pretty much every new console since. Although I don't have a switch.

Currently playing PS4 and Xbox One and still enjoying it. No Man's Sky on PSVR is my latest one to try out, but Sea of thieves on Xbox is my current favourite game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Yup, been gaming at home since 78 with the Atari VCS, which I still have.

I still enjoy retro gaming and also modern consoles, my modern console love started with the PlayStation and i've bought pretty much every new console since. Although I don't have a switch.

Currently playing PS4 and Xbox One and still enjoying it. No Man's Sky on PSVR is my latest one to try out, but Sea of thieves on Xbox is my current favourite game.
    Ahh the PlayStation v XBox debate

Back in the day it was Sega v Nintendo ...

Our family were firmly with Sega ... Master System then MegaDrive but then Mario64 came along ..

My son is in Florida and he and his wife play COD on their PlayStation4 .

He’s suggested I buy a PlayStation to play him online but cash is tight and I don’t think I could adapt from the mouse and keyboard they’re so intuitive especially after all those years I put in ..