Any gamers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any gamers here?

Just need to work out the cheapest way of playing Star Wars Rogue Squadron ... think I last played it on the N64 ??

I do have an old Nintendo Cube in the loft but I don’t think it had that specific game ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Similar background to the OP.
      Started with a Speccy 48k, then the 128k, then Amiga and now an Xbox One, on which I've lost whole weekends playing Elite Dangerous. Have recently treated myself to a Windows 10 gaming laptop and am enjoying the Lovecraft inspired Darkest Dungeon and the WW1 flight sim Rise of Flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Not really ... I admit I did go on a slight tangent but it was a direct reference to the final paragraph of #11 and it is a forum after all ..

Apologies if anyone’s miffed at my transgression ..

Ah!...No apology necessary now i've seen it, another one might be Blue Peter v Magpie.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Any gamers here?

Blue Peter for me

Another slight tangent but why I earth did they move Blue Peter from BBC1 to the wasteland of kiddies channels ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Just need to work out the cheapest way of playing Star Wars Rogue Squadron ... think I last played it on the N64 ??

I do have an old Nintendo Cube in the loft but I don’t think it had that specific game ..
            The gamecube _does_ have Rogue Squadron II and II, which are still two of my favourite Star Wars games to date.

If you pick up an old Nintendo Wii (with the gamecube ports) you can play them in that (if you have the discs) and saves on wear and tear on the cube. My gamecube had some display issues so the Wii is how I play my gamecube games nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
              The gamecube _does_ have Rogue Squadron II and II, which are still two of my favourite Star Wars games to date.

If you pick up an old Nintendo Wii (with the gamecube ports) you can play them in that (if you have the discs) and saves on wear and tear on the cube. My gamecube had some display issues so the Wii is how I play my gamecube games nowadays.
              Thank you ..

I just recall playing a level on Rogue Squadron where you were in a dogfight with hordes of tie fighters over a huge city ( at night I think )

Just recall playing that level hundreds of time .

Is there a similar level in one of those two games you mentioned

Comment

Any gamers here?

Sooooo after buying Star Wars Rebel Strike for £3.99 ..

Just finding this little bundle of treasure in the loft / attic

I didn’t even recall buying Star Wars Rogue Leader .. I’ve been making unsuccessful bids on a few on eBay !!

Last edited by Zincubus; 25-08-2019, 18:01.

Comment

Just gotta decide wether to use the three connections or the scart converter ... any thoughts on picture quality?

Comment

... and cheat passcodes

Comment

Nice find! I'd go with the Scart, much better picture.

To unlock both original arcade machines in Rebel Srtike:

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

In the eighties, I had an Acorn Electron. I played a hell of a lot of Elite on it.

Nowadays, I have an ageing but still decent enough gaming PC, and I play a hell of a lot of Elite Dangerous on it. The best part is how much it's like I imagined the Elite universe to appear when I was back blasting pirates in flickering wireframes.

I'm also fond of Alien Isolation, because it's basically 3D Monster Maze (ZX81, 1981). Really, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmAndSheldon View Post

Nowadays, I have an ageing but still decent enough gaming PC, and I play a hell of a lot of Elite Dangerous on it. The best part is how much it's like I imagined the Elite universe to appear when I was back blasting pirates in flickering wireframes.
                            It's amazing how our brains filled in the gaps back then, using the cover art to help conjure up the images that the graphics of the time couldn't muster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                              It's amazing how our brains filled in the gaps back then, using the cover art to help conjure up the images that the graphics of the time couldn't muster.
                              The cool Robert Holdstock novella that came with the game really helped too.

Comment

Aye, back when games came with manuals and other stuff to really set the tone without charging an arm and a leg for "collector's editions".

That's why, despite having bought it on digital at launch, I recently bought the No Man's Sky Limited Edition set (for cheap) because it had a novel and artwork books etc which reminded me of the old Elite package.

Comment

Working...
                                X