Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any gamers here?

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    It's amazing how our brains filled in the gaps back then, using the cover art to help conjure up the images that the graphics of the time couldn't muster.
    Talking about ‘brains filling in gaps’ ...
    I recall playing online Colin McRae for hours then going to bed ..as I lay back and closed my eyes I could STILL see the roads and corners flying towards me !!

I’ve got an even crazier story as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      Talking about ‘brains filling in gaps’ ...
      I recall playing online Colin McRae for hours then going to bed ..as I lay back and closed my eyes I could STILL see the roads and corners flying towards me !!
      I remember as a kid going float fishing with some family friends for the day, that night when i shut my eyes I could see the luminous tip of the float bobbing about in my vision.

I played Elder Scrolls Oblivion way too much on PS3, on my walk to work i used to pass a "community garden" where they were growing native flora, i'd "see" plants from the game among them and be tempted to stop and pick some......

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
        I remember as a kid going float fishing with some family friends for the day, that night when i shut my eyes I could see the luminous tip of the float bobbing about in my vision.

I played Elder Scrolls Oblivion way too much on PS3, on my walk to work i used to pass a "community garden" where they were growing native flora, i'd "see" plants from the game among them and be tempted to stop and pick some......
        Well ....

I got seriously addicted to playing online multiplayer Call of Duty2
        I even joined a clan and played for hours every night - problem was it was an American clan who played from about 1am or 2am onwards !!

Anyways being the clan sniper I spent hours looking over the vast landscapes of the game , quite often fields stretching for miles ..

One time after a long session I went downstairs for some cornflakes and I recall looking at the big painting ( print ) on the opposite wall -it was a massive forest landscape picture and I could SEE tiny little guys running in and out of the trees !!

Scary !!!

Comment

Any gamers here?

Sooooo after a lot of faffing around I finally managed to install my old COD2 game onto our PC

Played about 20 minutes in a small online DeathMatch game

There were only 8 HUMAN players but it was more than enough when I was constantly fine tuning all the settings

Comment

Anyone recall those those two stand alone game search programs ?
            I used the rather pitiful in game search facility

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Puppy View Post
              I'm 43 now, and got my first computer when I was 10 - a ZX Spectrum + back in 1986. The start of a long love-affair with gaming. I went from Spectrum to Amiga to PC; mostly playing on computers but always having a console on the go.

I know there is a DYR thread about games and memories, but I was wondering if there are any fellow nostalgics here who still enjoy modern games and gaming? I am mostly PC / Steam these days. My PS4 died a death last year and I might as well hang on for the PS5 in 2020.

Be nice to have a gaming chat with you lot; maybe even see if we can get something online going on. Unless it's just me here who still loves games?!
              Not as much as I used too, but I still have fun on my laptop with games like Forgotten Hope, Arcuz 1&2, and a plethora of older games on emulation, now and again.

Comment

Working...
              X