Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Question The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Lets be nice and negative for a change. Back in the 70's I used to moan and complain that us boys had no-one to ogle and lust after. You girls had a selection of meaningless characters including David Cassidy, the dreadful Osmonds, David Essex and latterly garbage like the Bay Shitty Rollups.

What did we have ? Suzi Quatro ? No.

Karen Carpenter ? Great voice but not a beauty.

Cilla Black ? lol, no.

So....put in here the most awful band or singer you detested in the 70's. Lets do a room 101 of **** from the 70's and if you can say why !

I'll start this off with that appalling quartet of dipsticks above.

Default Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

I loved the 70s, the decade that taste forgot. as for eye candy how about the two warblers from Abba,The Nolans, Bonnie tyler , Kiki dee, Blondie, Stevie nicks, Joan jett, Kate bush, Chrissie hynde, Olivia newton john, samantha fox, Carly simon.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Default Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

As well as producing some of the best music, the 70s famously produced some of the worst....Joe dolce, Renee and renata, Leiutenant pigeon, Demis rousos, Neil reed, Clive dunn, Rubettes, Showaddywaddy, plus MANY MANY MORE.....STILL THE BEST ERA FOR ROCK AND METAL HOWEVER..Sabbath, purple, zep, Floyd, Rush, Maiden Hawkwind, Ac/dc,

samantha fox, Joe dolce & Renee and renata didn't have hits until the 1980s but the point still stands.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    As well as producing some of the best music, the 70s famously produced some of the worst....Joe dolce, Renee and renata, Leiutenant pigeon, Demis rousos, Neil reed, Clive dunn, Rubettes, Showaddywaddy, plus MANY MANY MORE.....STILL THE BEST ERA FOR ROCK AND METAL HOWEVER..Sabbath, purple, zep, Floyd, Rush, Maiden Hawkwind, Ac/dc,
    Absolutely, Rock, metal and prog was amazing in the 70's (and still is). Yep that's the tripe I was on about, cruddy acts like those you list and many more.

Female singers-wise none of those you list did anything for me. The Nolans ? Jeez. Bonnie Tyler ? Come on. No no no. We had no-one like the girls did.

Ah yes, I'm adding another two bands I hated : The godawful Jackson 5 and the equally vile KC and the sunshine band.

Come on chaps put all your hated **** in here !

I loved the 70s, the decade that taste forgot. as for eye candy how about the two warblers from Abba,The Nolans, Bonnie tyler , Kiki dee, Blondie, Stevie nicks, Joan jett, Kate bush, Chrissie hynde, Olivia newton john, samantha fox, Carly simon.
    Thereís only Olivia and Agnatha ( ABBA blonde ) from that list who Iíd ever regard as eye candy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    There’s only Olivia and Agnatha ( ABBA blonde ) from that list who I’d ever regard as eye candy .

Really?...you can clearly be more picky than i can

Really?...you can clearly be more picky than i can
    Iíll allow Kate Bush as Babooska
    https://youtu.be/6xckBwPdo1c

....But not .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blondie.jpg  

Default The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

....But not .........
    Wasnít she old though ?

Like about 38 or 39 when all the other pop stars were in their 20ís ??