No announcement yet.

The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Lets be nice and negative for a change. Back in the 70's I used to moan and complain that us boys had no-one to ogle and lust after. You girls had a selection of meaningless characters including David Cassidy, the dreadful Osmonds, David Essex and latterly garbage like the Bay Shitty Rollups.

What did we have ? Suzi Quatro ? No.

Karen Carpenter ? Great voice but not a beauty.

Cilla Black ? lol, no.

So....put in here the most awful band or singer you detested in the 70's. Lets do a room 101 of **** from the 70's and if you can say why !

I'll start this off with that appalling quartet of dipsticks above.

Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

I loved the 70s, the decade that taste forgot. as for eye candy how about the two warblers from Abba,The Nolans, Bonnie tyler , Kiki dee, Blondie, Stevie nicks, Joan jett, Kate bush, Chrissie hynde, Olivia newton john, samantha fox, Carly simon.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

As well as producing some of the best music, the 70s famously produced some of the worst....Joe dolce, Renee and renata, Leiutenant pigeon, Demis rousos, Neil reed, Clive dunn, Rubettes, Showaddywaddy, plus MANY MANY MORE.....STILL THE BEST ERA FOR ROCK AND METAL HOWEVER..Sabbath, purple, zep, Floyd, Rush, Maiden Hawkwind, Ac/dc,

Comment

samantha fox, Joe dolce & Renee and renata didn't have hits until the 1980s but the point still stands.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          As well as producing some of the best music, the 70s famously produced some of the worst....Joe dolce, Renee and renata, Leiutenant pigeon, Demis rousos, Neil reed, Clive dunn, Rubettes, Showaddywaddy, plus MANY MANY MORE.....STILL THE BEST ERA FOR ROCK AND METAL HOWEVER..Sabbath, purple, zep, Floyd, Rush, Maiden Hawkwind, Ac/dc,
          Absolutely, Rock, metal and prog was amazing in the 70's (and still is). Yep that's the tripe I was on about, cruddy acts like those you list and many more.

Female singers-wise none of those you list did anything for me. The Nolans ? Jeez. Bonnie Tyler ? Come on. No no no. We had no-one like the girls did.

Ah yes, I'm adding another two bands I hated : The godawful Jackson 5 and the equally vile KC and the sunshine band.

Come on chaps put all your hated **** in here !

Comment

I loved the 70s, the decade that taste forgot. as for eye candy how about the two warblers from Abba,The Nolans, Bonnie tyler , Kiki dee, Blondie, Stevie nicks, Joan jett, Kate bush, Chrissie hynde, Olivia newton john, samantha fox, Carly simon.
            There’s only Olivia and Agnatha ( ABBA blonde ) from that list who I’d ever regard as eye candy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              There’s only Olivia and Agnatha ( ABBA blonde ) from that list who I’d ever regard as eye candy .

Really?...you can clearly be more picky than i can

Comment

Really?...you can clearly be more picky than i can
                I’ll allow Kate Bush as Babooska
                https://youtu.be/6xckBwPdo1c

Comment

....But not .........
                  Attached Files

Comment

The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

....But not .........
                    Wasn’t she old though ?

Like about 38 or 39 when all the other pop stars were in their 20’s ??

Comment

She was just over 30 when Heart of Glass was a hit.

Comment

Nobody came close to Olivia lookswise imho

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                          She was just over 30 when Heart of Glass was a hit.
                          She still looked old to me even at that time .. bet she looks just the same now ..

I saw Alice Cooper not long ago and he looked just the same around 48 years later . He’s another who always appeared to be old looking though

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            She still looked old to me even at that time .. bet she looks just the same now ..
                            When you're a kid 30 is well old!

Comment

The Worzels, Boney m, Toyah, Sparks, ....all very irritating

Comment

Working...
                              X