No announcement yet.

The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Originally posted by tex View Post
    The Worzels, Boney m, Toyah, Sparks, ....all very irritating
    Sparks has some fabulously catchy songs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Re: The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Barry Manilow, oh my god what a horror. What women see in him I'll never know.

Comment

The mostly ghastly and irritating bands/singers you remember or were jealous of

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
        Barry Manilow, oh my god what a horror. What women see in him I'll never know.
        Whooooa there

We went to see him LIVE at the MEN about 10 years ago .. my wife’s always liked him ... not looks just personality and songs .

Have to say his voice was spectacular and the show was amazing .. cost us about £150 for two tickets ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          Whooooa there

We went to see him LIVE at the MEN about 10 years ago .. my wife’s always liked him ... not looks just personality and songs .

Have to say his voice was spectacular and the show was amazing .. cost us about £150 for two tickets ..

The man sings off key! Awful awful awful. And some of those songs are so sickening

I wouldn't pay tuppence to see him perform at the bottom of our garden let alone 150 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
            The man sings off key! Awful awful awful. And some of those songs are so sickening

I wouldn't pay tuppence to see him perform at the bottom of our garden let alone 150 quid.
            It takes all sorts tbf

It’s best not to be too blinkered or toxic about things..

My tastes range from Schumann to Metallica and everywhere in between .....

I went to concerts by Metallica , Status Quo and Will Young in the space of a few months .

Comment

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
              it takes all sorts tbf

it’s best not to be too blinkered or toxic about things..

My tastes range from schumann to metallica and everywhere in between .....

I went to concerts by metallica , status quo and will young in the space of a few months .

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
              i'm the same, rachmaninoff to rammstein...if it's good music it really doesn't matter about genre, i love it all
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Nice !!

Comment

My record collection is varied, I like to think. I have been to classical concerts, too, and metal, reggae, punk... you name it!

The only genre I have no time for is opera, although I did see an off-Broadway production of The Pirate Of Penzance, which is light opera I guess
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                    My record collection is varied, I like to think. I have been to classical concerts, too, and metal, reggae, punk... you name it!

The only genre I have no time for is opera, although I did see an off-Broadway production of The Pirate Of Penzance, which is light opera I guess
                    That’s funny...I’ve also avoided one genre for nearly 50 years - country music !!
                    Yet this year one of my fave CDs is by Kacey Musgroves a county pop cross over singer

https://youtu.be/3tgspkNRIcc

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      That’s funny...I’ve also avoided one genre for nearly 50 years - country music !!

I can't help but remember that bit in The Blues Brothers where they rock up to a diner, where they want to play but ask what music they do.

Waitress: Oh we like both kinds, country and western!
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        I can't help but remember that bit in The Blues Brothers where they rock up to a diner, where they want to play but ask what music they do.

Waitress: Oh we like both kinds, country and western!
                        That's when they have to play in a cage because of the rowdy customers throwing bottles, but at least they manage a decent version of Stand By Your Man.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          That's when they have to play in a cage because of the rowdy customers throwing bottles, but at least they manage a decent version of Stand By Your Man.
                          I recall Metallica playing a gig in Russia and when all the fans did their thing in the ‘mosh out’ the police / army piled into them belting hundreds of them with their batons / truncheons !

There were an awful lot of injuries

Comment

Working...
                          X