Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Duties' at later Secondary School (6th form)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Duties' at later Secondary School (6th form)

Following on from the 'Later years at Secondary school' thread, made me remember duties that were expected from the 6th form.

I discovered that, as senior pupils, we were supposed to police the playground at lunch/break times and do a 'late book', which involved writing down the names of those who were late in the morning.

In my new-found beligerence I refused point-blank to do either of these things. I pointed out that I didn't know anybody in the lower years at the school and besides, and this was my trump card, we didn't get paid for it. Teachers did.

I was not challenged as this was indisputable. I never did any duties at later secondary school, ever.

Were you expected to do 'duties' at your school ?

Re: 'Duties' at later Secondary School (6th form)

It was my duty to get me and my mates over the wall undetected...i was damn good too!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

My school never had a sixth form and so it didn't happen, although the Year 11 - Fifth Years could have done that instead?
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

At my secondary school each form had to do a duty week. Normally I ended up having to pick up litter.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was my duty to climb through the ground floor locker room window whenever i was late, i avoided the head teachers office by doing this, but one morning the strictest of teachers caught me and i was put on litter picking for a month during break times! ☺

Comment

'Duties' at later Secondary School (6th form)

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
            It was my duty to climb through the ground floor locker room window whenever i was late, i avoided the head teachers office by doing this, but one morning the strictest of teachers caught me and i was put on litter picking for a month during break times! [emoji5]
            Oddly enough whenever I could I avoided my English lessons as we had a nasty , girl obsessed ,male teacher with horrible yellow , staring eyes - I seem to have ‘deleted’ a lot of his ‘behaviour’ but I recall him belting the back of the lad’s heads from behind with a thick text book , with no warning..

Anyways being Aspergers and unwilling / unable to participate in drama lessons I was allowed to do the lighting / sound / props for the others .... soooo there was a basement room UNDER the stage and I went there to hide whilst many of my English lessons were on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We n3ever had many - just generaly to set an example, unlike in Grange Hill Ted made the Year 7s deliberatly drop litter in front of Hargreaves

Most of it was wearing the Uniform correct and our ties correct (not thin side out) that nobody did and even then when I was in Year 10/11 the 6th Form did this and had double standards given on many a rule

Once upon either playing Rugby (or Football) but I think Rugby we hade those old old heavy Rugby Shirts for practice and of course you'd wear a something under that cos of it was liable to itch so I wore a Football Shirt under it (and was being crafty at the time wearing a Polo instead of a Shirt0 which the PE Teacher still deemed acceptable (not) under a Rugby Shirt and I obtained a right dirty look off him after that game (and choice words) but no warning - so I guess that fell into the remit in games v other years (though I left shortly after that and only had a few months in Year 12) by then

80sChav

Comment

In the 6th form we became perfects and there was a weekly roster of duties we were expected to undertake, the only one I can remember is stopping kids from entering the school before break times had finished.
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                  In the 6th form we became perfects and there was a weekly roster of duties we were expected to undertake, the only one I can remember is stopping kids from entering the school before break times had finished.
                  ‘Perfects’ is a bit cocky

Comment

I also was perfect...at escaping and going for a fag!
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      I also was perfect...at escaping and going for a fag!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

Haha damned auto correct, some did think they were perfect though
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                          Haha damned auto correct, some did think they were perfect though
                          True

Comment

Oddly enough whenever I could I avoided my English lessons as we had a nasty , girl obsessed ,male teacher with horrible yellow , staring eyes - I seem to have ‘deleted’ a lot of his ‘behaviour’ but I recall him belting the back of the lad’s heads from behind with a thick text book , with no warning..

Anyways being Aspergers and unwilling / unable to participate in drama lessons I was allowed to do the lighting / sound / props for the others .... soooo there was a basement room UNDER the stage and I went there to hide whilst many of my English lessons were on

That seems like a very good place to hide!
                            I remember our geography teacher was very strict, he would throw our exercise books at us after he'd marked them, and our French teacher would ban us from talking unless we spoke in French, we had a science teacher who reminded us of a mad scientist but in a nice way as he brought humour and fun into our lessons.
                            Drama was fun too, until i hung on the stage curtain, and then heard a ripping sound as i almost tore it down! Haha! ☺

Comment

More like a сoсk-up...
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X