No announcement yet.

Holidays - Where did you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh I Do Like to be Beside The Seaside!

Sounds like a nightmare in parts, so have you travelled much since, now, or would you like to Andria?

And welcome aboard the good ship DYR happy sailing/posting/threading.

Comment

Fuffin Rhyll I hated it then and I hate it now
      Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

Living in Fife quite lucky as the hills and seaside are all within 1/2hour of home. As a child my parents always managed to save enough for a holiday each year. We did all the seaside resorts Blackpool, St Annes, Rhyll, Morcombe, Southport etc. Looked in on a few lately while travelling, but a sad reflection on their pasts
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi, thanks - i have well and truly caught the travel bug now, but i prefer to fly than take the coach. Going to Thailand in June, Bangkok and Chan here i come.
          "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Used to stay with my aunty and my cousins for eight weeks school holidays at the caravan park at cleavdon near bristol,it was great, got to stay up late and watch horror movies!

Comment

we always went to weston super mud ...ooopps mare as kids also brean as we got older we traveled scottland we stayed all over devon and cornwall and visted the IOW alot aswell i went to spain wen i was 14 and didnt think much of it . Now as i have my own kids we stop at different haven parks nearly stayed at them all now or we go camping witch the kids !!! LOVE !!!

Comment

My dad never took us on holiday to Weston, he always said it smelled, so we avoided it, and still nver been there to this day, though have been to Cleethorpes, nothing there, and Bognor Regis.......who thought of these names then, I know there respective councils

Comment

We always went camping up in Scotland or in the Lake District and around Northumberland...Loved camping, still do..even when the weathers not great..food always tasted great cooked on the little gas thing and coffee from a flask..The Great Outdoors!

Comment

Holidays - Where did you go?

Where did you go for your hols as a child?We often went camping, the furthest we got was Jersey for 2 years running, it was quite an adventure setting off from Durham in the middle of the night for the long drive down to Weymouth to catch the ferry over which took about 9 hours. I also remember getting rained off 2 camp sites, one in North Yorkshire and one in Northamptonshire. Those late 70s early 80s summers were really good We also had twice yearly visits to Blackpool and were also regular visitors to Butlins mainly Filey, but also Barry Island.
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Re: Holidays - Where did you go?

Yep regular Butlins Vistors here too, we went every year for quite a few years, we loved it,it seemed like heaven as kids,all that freedom, to be allowed around camp, without your parents, the Beavers and the 913 clubs! Free fairs,swimmimg,crazy golf and table tennis,monirails and the chair lifts! Then in the evenings off to the shows and clubs,
                      I have a photo of me and my mum, in a like Mother like Daughter competition and one of myself in the Little Miss Venus Competition, will have 2 dig it out.Blimey Herr I could go on all night, many ,many happy memories flooding back!!!
                      Also went camping with Red Cross youth Group,Oh to be young again!!!
                      Last edited by Heather74; 22-04-2007, 12:14.
                      Heather

Comment

Yeah Huggie Butlins was great!! I've still got a swimming certificate from Butlins for swimming 5 yards with assistance in 1977 , when i was 6.You might be interested in this site Huggie:http://www.butlinsmemories.com/
                        Last edited by HG; 15-05-2007, 21:12.

Comment

Thank you so much,I was just sitting here remembering all the songs we learned, "only oxo does", "push button click" and of course "goodnight Children" then later in the evening "goodnight Campers", wish I'd kept all my pin badges!!
                          Another special thing was having the Family photo's taken in the club at night!!
                          We now take our Kids to Haven, they Love Rory tiger and Bradley Bear, just hope one day they look back on it all, the way I do now Just added link to my Favs, cheers.
                          Still got these somewhere too.
                          Last edited by Heather74; 21-04-2007, 22:12.
                          Heather

Comment

I never kept mine

Glad you like the site, it's in my favs too.

Comment

Barry 1980
                              Last edited by Heather74; 23-04-2007, 11:07.
                              Heather

Comment

Which one is you,Heather?

Comment

Working...
                                X