Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays - Where did you go?

Default Oh I Do Like to be Beside The Seaside!

Where did you go on holiday as a child? How did you spend those long glorious days of the summer holiday off school?

We only went away once and that was to Berwick-upon-Tweed to a two bedroom caravan and I had to share a bed with my Step-dads mother!
    Thank heaven the foloowing week I was back in Utopia.... staying with Nan for four solid weeks! Bliss!
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Red face

Heeey Momma!

Good topic! Well I am from London hence our childhood holidays were in Clacton on Sea, and Walton on the Naze. I have such happy memories of those days - who needs the Bahamas???

My Mum's family were from Caister on Sea in Norfolk, so we'd also have lots of days out there and Great Yarmouth, visiting family. Sadly there are now none of them left, but I do still go to Norfolk every year and still love it!

~Smee_1972

I remeber us going to Portugal once when i was 6. Other places we've been are Rhyl, Butlins (or was it pontins?)
    Calcifer: "Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn."

had some great jollies when i was a kid, butlins in minehead and bognor regis.
    in the main we went to blackpool ....back when it was quite nice.

Camber Sands everyyear..and we loved it..fantastic beach

Hi guys..

We used to go caravan holidays mainly, my mum and I and Gran..we went to Scarborough Berwick, Saltcoats,Arbroath and..St.Andrews!!! Great times..I remember we once went to the Isle of Skye and a weekend to Inverness..all good fun...

Regards..

Rab ;0)

Fife
    scotland

Default Gt Yarmouth For England Capital!

Quote Originally Posted by Smee_1972
    Heeey Momma!

Good topic! Well I am from London hence our childhood holidays were in Clacton on Sea, and Walton on the Naze. I have such happy memories of those days - who needs the Bahamas???

My Mum's family were from Caister on Sea in Norfolk, so we'd also have lots of days out there and Great Yarmouth, visiting family. Sadly there are now none of them left, but I do still go to Norfolk every year and still love it!

~Smee_1972
    Well Gt Yarmouth is our holiday place of choice. The kids love the beach and so does Oggy especially when he gets into a hole digging contest with another Dad. Vauxhall holiday park by the train station is where we generally stay.... bliss!
    Mind you I originate from Lancaster and did have some wonderful picnics on the beach at Morecambe with Nan. Wouldnt go near the place now!
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

We'd be sent to aunts for a week or so, in return our cousins would stay with us. The first place we all went to as a family was the Isle of Man for a weekend when I was 9/10.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaMystique
    Well Gt Yarmouth is our holiday place of choice. The kids love the beach and so does Oggy especially when he gets into a hole digging contest with another Dad. Vauxhall holiday park by the train station is where we generally stay.... bliss!
    Mind you I originate from Lancaster and did have some wonderful picnics on the beach at Morecambe with Nan. Wouldnt go near the place now!
    I'm gonna start an Oggy thread me thinks......

So is it just me then thta digs whopping great holes when they're on the beach, the deepest was over my head, (though I'm only 5'10) ? Great Yarmouth is a great place nice beach, shops and fun, kool fair too. Have had some brilliant hollidays as a kid went to Scarborough, Skegness, Brixham (Though was in hospital on that holiday when my appendix burst yuck!), Minehead, Clacton, Hastings, the list goes on my mom and dad weren't keen on holidays aborad, my mom hates wales though we did venture to Rhyll a couple of times, and my dad hates scotland, anywhere in between was fine though. Find I'm enjoying the holidays more so now wiht my kids, my family kool, and thats the fun, playing on the beach, yep digging holes and sand sculpting, the best was a huge fish on Torquay beach so kool. And we love Cardiff too, not just because Doctor Who and now Torchwood are filmed there, well maybe it is a big part, nice place and lots of shops too, does that/this count as holiday Momma? And we like going to Nottigham too to shop, I love shopping. Though maybe Cardiff and Nottingham don't count as holidays, but they're quality family time for me and mine.

Hi mate!!!

lol lol.. got to ask, why did your dad hate Scotland? lol.. sorry im nosy..did he have a bad experience here? we do have lovely beaches, if a bit wet and cold and the scenery around fife is lovely, you cant move in St.Andrews in the summer because of the American and japanese Tourists up for the Golf and the University..

All the best....

Rab ;0)

Fife
    Scotland