RIP Bury FC 1885- 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Bury FC 1885- 2019

I know this is the passing away of not a person as such so I hope it is ok with Heather, HG that I have placed this thread here - as to me Bury FC was like a Person or a Animal Passing away after being expelled from the Football Leauge/Leauge One Tuesday Tea-time

I know the Team go as far back as 1885 - so it is way before the DYR Remit (in general) but for m, though I am not a Bury Fan - old old Teams like Bury, Bolton, Wolves and Blackpool, Prestoin North End etc and other Northern ones was Teams I gre up with getting into Football in the 1980s as I found out about them - watching old Videos of Stanley Matthews and Tom Finney - which made these Teams including Bury go "hand in hand" with the 1960s to end of the 90s DYR era for me. Bury was also a Club in what is now the Championship as recently as 1999 and it is just past a scandal and other words I can not even begin to think of what that horrid Steve Dale has done to a Club and Town depiving them of their Football Club - which could happen to any any old or new-er (even) Teams as nearly did with Notts County and Blackpool whoi arevery very old Clubs too

This could happen to any Town/smaller City Team and i hope it's a wake-up call to the FA that such a scandal has occured under their very noses. I hope that too it is ok to keep the thread here - as though it is'nt a person it is and it is history and hertiage and really several hundred persons (including the Town and Team) rolled into one

Thanks in advance to Heather/H.G or who-ever it may concern

RIP Bury FC

80sChav

Re: RIP Bury FC 1885- 2019

I’m a Bury lad , born and bred ..

It’s all very disappointing..

I still think the multi millionaire Neville brothers could have done more over the past few years ..

Both born and bred in Bury .. their parents drew wages from the club over the decades , there’s even a Neville Stand !!

Phil donated one of his old England shirts ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I worked in bury for several years, just down the road from gigg lane during the 90s and the locals all spoke passionately about their club....it's all very sad
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Agreed here Zincubus, I mean yeah the Neviiles was good players but as you say Phil donated one of his England Shirts - I'm sure he could have done way more than just the "one", but as I say as good a players as the Nvilles was they are now (par owning Salford through being very well off) just arnchair pundits who think they know everything about today's game and players/playing style - when it's years since they last played and the game has moved on immensley from their time! They should either just get over it or be constructive with Teams like Bury (though of course in this instance as Salford Co-Owners they can't do anything)

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          Agreed here Zincubus, I mean yeah the Neviiles was good players but as you say Phil donated one of his England Shirts - I'm sure he could have done way more than just the "one", but as I say as good a players as the Nvilles was they are now (par owning Salford through being very well off) just arnchair pundits who think they know everything about today's game and players/playing style - when it's years since they last played and the game has moved on immensley from their time! They should either just get over it or be constructive with Teams like Bury (though of course in this instance as Salford Co-Owners they can't do anything)

80sChav
          Why did they invest everything in flamin Salford in the first place though.. Bury FC have been in dire straits since about 2003 or something.

Comment

I know Bury were expelled from the League but have they actually folded? I thought they were going to ply their trade in the lower leagues, as per Wimbledon...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I have no connection with Bury, but I am very sad that the club has been expelled from the league. There have been close calls for other clubs in the past, and right up till the end I thought it wouldn't happen and a buyer or investor would rescue the club. I really hope that Bury continues as a football club. I wonder how many other clubs may find themselves in a similar position in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                I know Bury were expelled from the League but have they actually folded? I thought they were going to ply their trade in the lower leagues, as per Wimbledon...
                As far as know they now have no manager or players ?!??

Comment

Hmm... a bit of a drawback...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I hope that the tabloids tried to refrain from using the "Dead and Bury-ed" headline.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X