RIP Terrance Dicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Terrance Dicks

The great Terrance Dicks who is best known for his work in Doctor Who has died at the ripe old age of 84. He was Assistant Script Editor of the programme from 1968-70 before going on to be the main Script Editor during Jon Pertwee's reign as The Doctor and formed a great partnership with producer Barry Letts. He wrote 4 stories for Tom Baker's Doctor namely Robot, The Brain of Morbius, Horror of Fang Rock and State of Decay. He also wrote the 20th anniversary special The Five Doctors. He was also responsible for more than 60 Doctor Who Target books which I used to read a lot. He did work on other TV programmes as well.

RIP Terrance, your contribution to classic Doctor Who is huge and I'm sure your Target books encouraged kids to read more.

Re: RIP Terrance Dicks

That is so sad. The late Troughton and Pertwee eras were when I really got into Dr Who, and I so remember his name being on many TV serials and Target books I devoured in the 70s. Also, Horror of Fang Rock is one of my 5 favourite Tom Baker era adventures. So many great memories and I am sure all fans of the classic era will mourn his passing. Hope the BBC will put on a programme in his honour. RIP Terrance Dicks.

Comment

Very sad news, Terence was very important for the continued success of Doctor Who during the difficult Troughton - Pertwee handover period and for a time afterwards.

When I was getting back into Dr Who in a big way in the early 1990s I read no ends of his adaptations of the Dr Who stories at my local library.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

This is very sad news as a huge dr who fan his partnership with barry letts was superb in fact it was like a family when you include john roger jo and u.n.i.t thats how they thought of it as a family.
        R i p t.d.

I honestly thought terrance died long ago.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          This is very sad news as a huge dr who fan his partnership with barry letts was superb in fact it was like a family when you include john roger jo and u.n.i.t thats how they thought of it as a family.
          R i p t.d.

I honestly thought terrance died long ago.
          Also most of the Pertwee era stories were written by the same pool of writers so it was fairly close knit.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X