No announcement yet.

What was the best toy ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know you can still get them now but scalextric was one of the best toys i had when i was a kid, non of the others (TCR and aurora) really stood a chance.

Comment

The G.I jOE Adventure Team

Comment

I dont think it was invented in the 80's, but I remember using my ViewMaster a lot in the 80's! You put the "disc" in, and view the 3D images/story by pulling the handle down. Doesn't sound very exciting now but collecting the discs & "reading" the stories was a great way to pass the time when you were in Primary school.

Oh, and I loved my Punky Brewster doll. I took it EVERYWHERE!

Ahhhh the memories eh?

Comment

mine were barbie of course cabbage patch kid my little pony
          boo boo de boop

Comment

Evil Knievel stunt bike for the win. I permanently had scuffed knuckles from winding it up on the pavement, didn't care though.

Comment

I think my most fave toy ever has to be LEGO! I loved barbie and Cindy when I was little but I spent many hours of my child hood building LEGO with my brother at my Nan's house!!
              When I was 17 I managed to get a fab summer holiday job working in the LEGO factory in Wrexham (It's closed now and moved back to the Netherlands:cry where I relived my childhood dreams of building LEGO.... and getting paid for it!! AWESOME!

LEGO ROCKS! **

Comment

MY favourite toys were Barbies, My little pony's and lolobals... awesome

Comment

Lego, ageless, I've kids now, what an excuse just to play with Lego nowadays.

Comment

The get along gang figures, i had actually forgot all about those until now!

Comment

Weebles! "They wobble but they don't fall over". Well mine did. Fell off the side of the table and smashed.

Comment

Cascade by Matchbox........ (and looking for one)

Comment

yes i had one of those ek bikes as well , mine leapt of the top stair so many times as i recall

Comment

Tonka Toys i had the big yellow car transporter with 2 vw beetles and a jeep, used to sit on it and trundle down the garden on it.
                            Ah the memories

Comment

The Tonka toys were vertually indestructable, which ment kids had to do the hardest to break, destroy them, and yep kool as kinda go-kartesque for riding/sitting on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy
                                The Tonka toys were vertually indestructable, which ment kids had to do the hardest to break, destroy them, and yep kool as kinda go-kartesque for riding/sitting on too.
                                Wasn't there an advert in the 70s where an elephant is standing on one ?

Comment

Working...
                                X