No announcement yet.

What was the best toy ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly was! I had the big yellow tipper and a red crane,but think that was Triang though.Evel would be my favorite memory,but Lego got the most use.handed down from my sister (1964) to me (1966),and we still have it!! kept as always in several huge Bejams ice cream containers!
    I don't ever rememember seeing the original box for it,always lived in plastic tubs. My sisters kids never really got on with it..lack of imagination I suppose,but I could build anything out of it..must rank as the greatest toy ever made

Comment

WOOO!! found a pic of my old Triang crane!!
      had this in about 1969/1970! happy days!

Comment

Remember this crane, looks old though, well by the toys today standards, but toys were meant to last in those days not like the plastic stuff of modern times.

Comment

Best toy had to be the Hotwheels sizzlers with the fat track and the "Juice machine". My cat used to sit in the middle of the track and would try to swat at the cars as they passed. Notable mentions include:

Aurora Godzilla model
          Hess trucks
          GI Joe with the foot locker

Comment

For me, the best toy ever was Subbuteo...I absolutely LOVED the game throughout the 70s. There has NEVER been a football game to compare with it...and I include computer games in this, by comparison they are rubbish...Subbuteo was the REAL THING. In fact, at times I preferred it to REAL football (and definitely to the limpid travesty that passes for today's football).

This year (2006) I have begun collecting vintage Subbuteo equipment from the 70s and playing the game again...and it is STILL the best toy ever!

Comment

Re: What was the best toy ever?

I was never really into Subbuteo, my dad bought it me, but I preffered Striker, or some tiddleywinks footall game, plastic players on counters that you flicked another counter like ball, to pass and score, but what it was called?

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                I was never really into Subbuteo, my dad bought it me, but I preffered Striker, or some tiddleywinks footall game, plastic players on counters that you flicked another counter like ball, to pass and score, but what it was called?
                I liked Striker too, 'cos it was spectacular, but Subbuteo was more realistic. It was THE football game in the 70s, it had organised tournaments, leagues, an unmatched range of teams and accessories, even a World Cup. So for me, Subbuteo was IT...

Comment

My brother got 'Mini-Match' for Xmas as a kid, it had a lever on each side of the play area that hit a metal ball over'n'back, controlled by a knob on each side, with a goal on either end. Addictive ! I think the frame of it is still in an attic at home.
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Could go for a Johnny7 gun. I didn't have one but my cousin did (the spoilt git) was always round his house playing with it. Although did get my own back with my "Man fron UNCLE" gold luger with shoulder rest, site and silencer...how cool was that?
                    The eyes have it!
                    sigpic

Comment

I had a Joe 90 secret agent set, a red out fit, gun, walkie talkie, and all important glasses.........way koool at the time, so i thought, well i was a kid.

Comment

Lego: very good choice, hours upon hours of fun, just limited by your imagination

Johnny 7: By far the coolest gun every made, and yes it tended to be your mates with slightly richer parents, who had one.

Man from uncle Luger: cap guns in general we cool, but what madethis one stick out was all the extras, the silencer etc, everyone became a secret agent with one

I would have to go with the Sekiden Gun as my all time favourite, I think cause it fired the little pellets, so it made it "More real", and the frantic trying to pick up pellets of the ground during the "Heat of battle"

Comment

Lego rocks, ageless, and when you have kids you get to play/build with it again.........now how kool is that, and check out Lego creator for the computer, virtual Lego, now that is mega kool. Star Wars and Lego combined wow, heaven on the PS2...........

Comment

oh i remember my viewmaster i had 2 i think and TONS of slides do they still make them i think so but im not sure my dad wanted to throw away my slides a few years ago but i wouldnt let him i loved those

Comment

my favs were barbies baby dolls toy cash registers and food toys

Comment

Now I wasn't spoilt but i wasn't deprived either, the best toy for me (if you could call it a toy) was an A4 pad and a ring binder, we would make registers and play schools, post offices, get huge piles of books and play libraries the possibilities were endless.
                                "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Working...
                                X