Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's

Default Re: McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I found it interesting that Rutland (the Cheshire of the East Midlands) happens to be the only county in England that does not have a McDonald's, although I often think of Rutland as part of Leicestershire like most other people do.
    Rutland is a beautiful part of the country. Long live McDonald's free.

I visited Oakham twice - once as part of a mystery tour. I bet that a lot of cafes and restaurants there benefit a bit from McDonald's absence.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Tonight at 9pm channel 5......Mcdonalds v Burger king.
    And if they were both boxers, football teams, snooker players, etc, I know which one would win.

Tonight at 9pm channel 5......Mcdonalds v Burger king.
    Yep, thats an hour of my life i aint gitten back!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

If it was Wimpy v Burger King it would only be 10 minutes long.

So i was in muckdonalds yesterday and it was orrible!....A barely warm cheeseburger with more cheese on the outside than the inside and a packet of limpdick fries which again were barely warm...Sorry mr Mcdonald but you lost a customer for life....Burger king, drop your over inflated prices you robbing basteds !!!

Most McDonald's are run under separate franchises, so perhaps if you went to a different branch, the food might have been a bit better? I can't really explain, but there is a bit of difference between the burgers when it comes to which Nottingham outlet one orders them from - Clumber Street is the best, probably as it was Nottingham's first McDonald's.

I do notice that some of the cheese sticks to the packaging, and I try to pick it off to eat it. I haven't had fries for a few years - I admit that they can go hard and stale very quickly, and sometimes when a bit burnt it can be like eating Twiglets.

I find that if you use the self serve panels to order a custom burger it will be fresher than one that's been hanging around for hours.
    The Trickster On The Roof

So i was in muckdonalds yesterday and it was orrible!....A barely warm cheeseburger with more cheese on the outside than the inside and a packet of limpdick fries which again were barely warm...Sorry mr Mcdonald but you lost a customer for life....Burger king, drop your over inflated prices you robbing basteds !!!
    Another thing is the constant din...why can't people eat without talking in a loud fashion?...and the racket behind the serving counter is unbearable with everybody shouting to each other along with the alarms and timers used in the prep area, just awful !

Indeed - it is regarded to be rude if one talks when eating, but then again, how does one say that something is delicious or horrible when they eat the food? - I bet that not many of our famous food critics have ever been inside a McDonalds (hence the takeaways).

The staff behind the counter are a lot more noisy than the customers (or guests as they sometimes call Mr and Mrs Public), but that is mostly due to the machines whizzing along in the background. Occasionally, one hears something like "more fries" for the fryer, and so on.

Another thing about McDonald's is that unlike the old days of just ordering, after one orders now of course, one gets a receipt with a three digit order number on - 057 or something. Now, despite it being a three digit number, as soon as it goes to 099 it goes back to 000 again - the first digit will always be 0, which makes me think, why just have a two digit number? Reminds me of the "order number 768, to your Collection Point, please" catchphrase that one heard inside Argos back in the 2000s.