Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A place of one's own

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    You must be really stressed with your neighbour, it's bound to have an effect on your well being. The first thing I'd do is report him to the police, easier said than done but why should he be allowed to get away with it, and if your housing association know what's going on yet turn a blind eye i would report them too to your local MP.
    Thankfully as there are six other homes where I live, I often put things down to "safety in numbers", and so if anything does happen, there is more likely to be someone who would report it to the authorities.

My old place was rough (well I thought so anyway) and I thought that my new area was a lot better - it is as a matter of fact, but they always say that there will almost be one bad apple in every barrel. There was some grassy land at the end of the street where I used to live and it was rumoured that some youths were playing football there (despite the signs around it saying that no ball games were allowed) - not only that, but they were playing football there at 1.00 am in the morning!

I would have liked to have lived in the 1950s where everyone had street parties and had more community spirit.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Re: A place of one's own

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      Thankfully as there are six other homes where I live, I often put things down to "safety in numbers", and so if anything does happen, there is more likely to be someone who would report it to the authorities.

My old place was rough (well I thought so anyway) and I thought that my new area was a lot better - it is as a matter of fact, but they always say that there will almost be one bad apple in every barrel. There was some grassy land at the end of the street where I used to live and it was rumoured that some youths were playing football there (despite the signs around it saying that no ball games were allowed) - not only that, but they were playing football there at 1.00 am in the morning!

I would have liked to have lived in the 1950s where everyone had street parties and had more community spirit.
      I wound certainly keep a record of what's going on in your street, it's always best to have proof incase you ever have to report things or back up one of your neighbours. I work 12 hr shifts, i would never put up with lads playing football as i sleep during the day when I'm on nights. And you're right - safety in numbers!

Comment

Working...
      X