Crisps ad remembered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisps ad remembered?

I recall an old advert from the erly eighties for Walkers Crisps I think? A old Scotsman ( Fife Robertson?) is in a corner shop wanting to buy some and clutching his purse very close to himself askes how much they are and when he gets his answer he says "you'll no be having a sale will ye?"

Anyone else remember it and if possible is it on 'the net' anywhere to watch again hopefully.
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Re: Crisps ad remembered?

not one I remember sorry stock,
    Heather

Comment

I can't emember that one either. I do remember the old KP crisps ads with the monks - if I remember rightly they used to say "What's frying Friar?"

Comment

Earliest walkers one I can remember is the doo-wop "They don't make a racket" one

Comment

Lol yes i remember that ad. It was definatley for walkers crisps.

Comment

cant say i remember it but i remember the 70's ad for tudor crisps wth the wear em scare em badges, you save tokens from the crisp packs and sent them of for your free badge, would love to watch that old ad again, anyone help, come on Daz, help me out here. maxine (salemsmine).
            Last edited by sixtyten; 13-07-2008, 02:02.

Comment

Daz.. already posted

Comment

my fave walkers one was the egyptians building a pyramid when they all decide to leg it and the boss/foreman says in a very strong brummy accent 'come back, come back, you cant leave it looking like this'

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
                  I recall an old advert from the erly eighties for Walkers Crisps I think? A old Scotsman ( Fife Robertson?) is in a corner shop wanting to buy some and clutching his purse very close to himself askes how much they are and when he gets his answer he says "you'll no be having a sale will ye?"

Anyone else remember it and if possible is it on 'the net' anywhere to watch again hopefully.

Yeah i remember it too... lol
                  Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

I remember it too, it wouldn't be allowed in these pc days would it? I used to love the KP monk ones, at school we used to find the line 'I don't know, it's all covered in muck' hilarious. I'd forgotten about Tudor crisps though, canny bag 'o tudor!

Comment

I can't remember the Tudor ads, but I remember the crisps were slightly odd flavours like salt & pepper.

Talking of rackets I remember the Square Crisps one about a boy who's mum tells him to stop making that racket, followed by a clip of him trying to make a tennis one out of card & string.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember Lenny Henry advertising Smiths square crisps. 'It's wierd' was the catchphrase.

Comment

I remember the Walker scottish bloke one.

The only tudor one i can remember is two football fans (father and son) walking down the street discussing Sunderlands 4-0 away win at Arsenal (sorry Kaz).
                          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I liked the animated Skips ad from a few years back where somebody says "frizzley on my tongue"
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                            X