Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Frank Bough do kids TV in the late 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Frank Bough do kids TV in the late 70s?

I have this memory of a Saturday or Sunday morning kids TV programme with Frank Bough and two other presenters. I also remember a colourful hot air balloon, possibly in the opening titles. But I can remember nothing else. The date would be circa 1977-78. Does this ring any bells at all? I've searched Frank Bough's credits and can't find anything.

Re: Did Frank Bough do kids TV in the late 70s?

Frank Bough mostly did Grandstand on Saturday afternoons in the late 1970s, and so therefore I doubt that he would have been available to due Saturday morning children's television as well unless it was recorded - it would be a bit like Dickie Davies being available for Tiswas or a similar programme as well as doing World of Sport. The programme you are describing does sound like one of those ITV regional efforts that were seen before they took Tiswas, probably from somewhere like HTV, but as I said, I don't think he would have been able to do Saturday mornings because of Grandstand. The Genome doesn't mention anything like that.

Bough mostly worked on the BBC, didn't he? - the only ITV stuff that he did were regional stuff such as LWT's Six O'clock Live and Moneywise circa 1990. He also appeared ironically on a TV-am Christmas tape as well. From a children's TV perspective, Trevor Cleaver in Grange Hill gave Bough a honourable mention in 1987 in that episode where he was in charge of the tutorial.

Bough's stint on the Holiday programme came to mind considering the news of Thomas Cook today...
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And funnily enough, Eliot Fletcher's apology for being profane on Going Live 30 years ago makes me think of the Saturday morning children's television connection as well...
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I wonder if Mat Bianco will get an apology too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
          I wonder if Mat Bianco will get an apology too?
          I hope that they will get an apology from yourself for spelling their name incorrectly.

I wonder if Sarah Greene was in receipt of Fletcher's apology as well - I do hope so...
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X