Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music - Bands .. that age well !!

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Be careful in the dark these days .. that’s to everyone !

Some crazy people around ..

We’ve just recently had another knifeman arrested in the Arndale Centre only a week after that frenzied attack ..
    I don't do long distance walking anymore but I used to a few years ago - my sympathies are with those people in that Manchester attack a couple of weeks ago.

But yes - that song felt really special, and as I heard it in December, it added to that feeling.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      You may - I have to say that that I heard Oh Patti when Sarah Kennedy played it on her Radio 2 Dawn Patrol show, and I was listening on the personal radio when I was doing my long distance walking that I used to do - it was still dark because of it being December, and it was such a great song to keep me going. I can't remember it being in the 1988 charts originally but SK (or SWs) playing it on her show "revived" it for me.
      I prefer the earlier Scritts - the last one of ther's I really liked was The "Sweetest Girl" (later ruined by Madness)
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

First time I have heard them referred to as the Scritts - it sounds like something that you desperately need the toilet for!
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was listening to an England based group that didn't last very long but were really excellent. The group's name was Cochise, they saw three albums and one single released between 1970 and 1972. I think they sound great and could be played today and nobody would think early '70s. You can find some of their music on youtube. Another group (also from England) I like a lot, from maybe just a little earlier, is Honeybus. They seem to have had one small hit with I Can't Let Maggie Go (which has the line 'She Flies Like A Bird' in the chorus), but they have a half dozen or more as good or better original songs. It's amazing the quality of music made in the past that you can dig out and enjoy now, and is new to you.

I used to be heavy into the 2-Tone ska when it was new and every year or two I seem to want to pull all of it out for a spin again. I think all those groups had some amazing skills: The Specials, The Beat, Madness, The Selecter, Bad Manners, The Bodysnatchers... if only they could've all stayed together (only Madness did really).
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
            I used to be heavy into the 2-Tone ska when it was new and every year or two I seem to want to pull all of it out for a spin again. I think all those groups had some amazing skills: The Specials, The Beat, Madness, The Selecter, Bad Manners, The Bodysnatchers... if only they could've all stayed together (only Madness did really).
            The Specials have reformed a few times but never the classic line up, & especially as drummer John Bradbury is no longer with us.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have the Swallow Tales album by Cochise ... vastly underrated band

Comment

Working...
              X