No announcement yet.

Your first gig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st real 'gig' = some american bird called 'Madonna' 87 Wembley stadium, supported by The 'Bundoo Boys' and 'Hue and Cry'.

john
    Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

I went to the Mizz Road Show in Chester when I was 12 and got to see such class acts as: Clock, 2unlimited, PJ & Duncan and Toni De Bart! Very sad I know!
      My first live music gig was at the Manchester Appollo in 1994 when my mates Dad took us to see 'Mike and the Mechanics' I'd never heard of them until that night!!

Comment

1st gig I went to was the Average White Band in Bournemouth, I was 12 and on holiday and was allowed on my own (well it was the seventies).
        The band were - - - - - "Average"

Comment

My first gig was Green Day at the Hammersmith Apollo in 99'.

Comment

My first big gig was Blue Oyster cult supported by Girlschool, 1985 at Edinburgh Playhouse...it Rocked!!!

Rab

Comment

Oh God, this one is sooo embarrasing. The first gig I went to was to see BROS!!!! Don't get me wrong, I was never a fan but my sister really wanted to go and none of her mates did so I had to go cos my mum wouldn't let her go on her own. 2000 Brosettes with Grolsh top on their shoes screaming hysterically for Matt, Luke & Craig was not my cup of tea at all.

And even worse still, Pat & Mick were the supporting artist... AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Comment

My first ever gig was The Macc Lads at Nottingham Rock City in 1986 adn my second one was (don't laugh ) The Spice Girls at Birmingham NEC 1997 when there were all five of them.
                sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Re: Your first gig...

Originally posted by DVDMonkey View Post
                  1st real 'gig' = some american bird called 'Madonna' 87 Wembley stadium, supported by The 'Bundoo Boys' and 'Hue and Cry'.

john
                  I was at that gig. It sucked, but at least I can say I saw Madonna in the 80's (not that thats anything to boast about)

Comment

I lived in a small town where you just didn't get gigs. My first gig was nearly Siouxsie & The Banshees circa Juju in the early 80's, supported by John Cooper Clarke, my big brother was going to take me (he was at Uni in Tyneside) but unfortunately he went down with mumps 2 days before the gig so we never went.
                    My ACTUAL first gig was The Lotus Eaters, supported by a band called Feelabeelia. I still have the photos! Met both bands afterwards (they came down to the bar after performing) and snogged the lead singer of Feelabeelia before we left!

Comment

Cliff Richard at the Apollo London in 1980-as a lifelong fan it was the first of many!

Comment

My first concert was New Kids on the Block in 1991 at the SECC Glasgow. I got my ticket for my 14th birthday, I was so excited as I wasn't allowed to go the first time they played Scotland. I also went to The Hit Man & Her at the Edinburgh playhouse, won the tickets in a competition in The Sun, though had to endure Sonia, Big Fun and a few others I couldn't remember.

Comment

Ultravox at Southampton Odeon about 1984. Disappointing. They came on late. I didn't understand that the tour was to promote their new album so of course they were playing songs I didn't know. Their sequencer broke down at one point although nowadays I know that computerised equipment could be unreliable in those days.

Then I saw Howard Jones, King and Level 42. They were all excellent, much better than you'd expect.

Nowadays I prefer backroom gigs in pubs. You can get close to watch them playing the instruments, and get a drink anytime you like.

Comment

My first ever concert that I went to was The Small Faces, also on the same bill was The Move. (Late 60s)

Comment

Alvin Stardust at Dunstable in 1973. I was in the front row and he sang 'My Coocachoo' to me!
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My first gig was in 1986 when a mate of mine bought a handful of tickets for his friends.
                                Imagine my suprise when he gave one to me!!!
                                I Loved it, and must admit I was on cloud nine for ages.
                                Oh yes, the gig was to see Queen along with support act Status Quo !!!!!!!!!
                                4 hours plus of musical bliss!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X