No announcement yet.

The Raleigh Budgie,who had one.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Raleigh Budgie,who had one.......

I had a Raleigh Budgie bike when I was about 6, and it lasted me till I was about 8. Mine was purple. Only thing was the stabilisers were on it the whole time, I could never face riding a bike without stabilisers.
    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I had boxer stil got it : )

Comment

Mine was a Tomahawk. Hey, while I'm on the subject, did anybody 'customise' theirs by putting red tape on the frame and handle bars?
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

i had the chopper bike (red) and the raleigh one before it i think it was a tomahawk mine was purple i think. and a kalkoff sp folding bike
          The Damned

Comment

My first proper 2 wheeler was a 1970's childrens Raleigh RSW 11, not to be confused with the modern RSW ladies model that carries the name today.
            My grandad bought me the handle bars and seat kit from a budgie and modded the RSW but eventually i got a proper budgie, i had a tomahawk for 2 weeks and i hated it really uncomfy, wasnt allowed a chopper due to my parents dislike of them but i got a Raleigh commando and i loved it to death, i must have gone through at least a dozen of those toggle chains that went into the Sturmey Archer gear hub.

My mate had a strange bike, i cant remeber what it looked like but it had a back pedal brake system where the rear wheel braking was operated by pedaling backwards, you could do some impressive broad side skids on it, i swear the back tyre on the thing was always down to the canvas.

Comment

just found this piccie of me with my red menace pre budgie mods

Comment

i had a raleigh chopper {flame red} and my brother had a raleigh budgie also red

Comment

I had a Budgie, was my first ever bike. It only came with a front brake, was bloody lethal! I loved it to bits though.

Comment

I did wonder why smaller bikes only had a front brake, when the rear one gets more use on a bike with both brakes.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by tonyfinster View Post
                      just found this piccie of me with my red menace pre budgie mods
                      What a great picture! could have almost passed as a 70's US pic, if not for the Robin Reliant

Anyone know what the White car is? looks almost American/ early Capri
                      Last edited by sixtyten; 22-04-2012, 03:52.

Comment

I'm guessing it's and early 1970s Toyota Corrolla.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It's a Vauxhall, you can see the LL on the rear badge.....maybe a Chevette?

Comment

Working...
                          X