Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting the heating on for the autumn

Default Re: Putting the heating on for the autumn

I must call the housing association so that I can get the heat on the radiators again.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

[QUOTE=George 1978;257637]I must call the housing association so that I can get the heat on the radiators again.[/QUOTE

Do all the residents have to do this?

We had a smart meter installed. It was all looking good during the summer; hitting about 2.50 per day. Now with winter approaching and the boiler working for many hours the meter is going a bit nuts. Yesterday it read 5.00, which would equate to 150 per month.

[QUOTE=amethyst;257646]
    Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I must call the housing association so that I can get the heat on the radiators again.[/QUOTE

Do all the residents have to do this?
    I don't know but what I believe happens is the fact that the thermostat stops working during the summer due to it not being switched on, so when I do need to be on in the autumn, it doesn't work and Maintenance needs to be called. One solution is to have it on every day of the year but: A) it would cost too much; and: B) it would be daft having the heating on during the summer months when there could be a heatwave. Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I believe that the previous residents of my flat (I have been here since 2014) must have had the same problem. I moved in November, a time of year when heating would be on, no doubt. I had the problem from the start, but I don't know whether it was due to the previous occupants moving in the autumn or whether that is just a coincidence.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    We had a smart meter installed. It was all looking good during the summer; hitting about 2.50 per day. Now with winter approaching and the boiler working for many hours the meter is going a bit nuts. Yesterday it read 5.00, which would equate to 150 per month.
    That's expensive