My top 5 songs by Genesis:

1) The Musical Box
      2) Supper's Ready
      3) The Return of the Giant Hogweed
      4) The Carpet Crawlers
      5) Dancing With the Moonlit Knight

Comment

Re: Genesis

Phil Collins was an excellent replacement for Peter Gabriel and with Steve Hackett on guitar, they continued to be a prog rock band. Seconds Out is a sublime live album with the standout being Supper's Ready. Duke was the last album they did that was actually progressive with the best tracks being Behind The Lines, Duchess, Man Of Our Times, Turn It On Again, Cul-De-Sac, Duke's Travels and Duke's End. Also check out Mama which I first heard at my uncle's house when I was 11, Home By The Sea, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Domino and Fading Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by JimCarver79 View Post
          Phil Collins was an excellent replacement for Peter Gabriel and with Steve Hackett on guitar, they continued to be a prog rock band. Seconds Out is a sublime live album with the standout being Supper's Ready. Duke was the last album they did that was actually progressive with the best tracks being Behind The Lines, Duchess, Man Of Our Times, Turn It On Again, Cul-De-Sac, Duke's Travels and Duke's End. Also check out Mama which I first heard at my uncle's house when I was 11, Home By The Sea, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Domino and Fading Lights.
          Phil Collins was already there though wasn’t he ?

Didn’t he just take over the singing duties as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, Genesis tickets went on sale today....cheapest seat £138, got quite excited when i heard they were reforming and if Peter gabriel and Steve hackett were along for the ride i may of considered paying this kind of money.
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

VIP Packages
              from £348.10 - £766.35 ea
              Show Tickets

Genesis - Prime View

Section BL 102 Row G
              Fan Package
              £348.10 ea

Section BL 102 Row H
              Fan Package
              £348.10 ea

Section BL 102 Row J
              Fan Package
              £348.10 ea

Section BL E Row C
              Official Platinum Tickets
              £386.35 ea

Section BL C Row G
              Premium Fan Package
              £399.85 ea

Section BL B Row F
              Official Platinum Tickets
              £466.35 ea

Section BL B Row D
              "Tonight, Tonight" VIP Dinner Experience
              £766.35 ea

Section BL B Row E
              £766.35 ea

Section BL A Row E
              £766.35 ea

Section BL C Row D
              £766.35 ea

Section BL C Row E
              £766.35 ea

Comment

Mrs Tex went on O2 priority (whatever that is) last night and she secured two tickets for £72 each....job done

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  Shame you lost interest as they were about to release their two best albums....trick of the tail and wind & wuthering
                  It is after those two albums that I lost interest in Genesis. It did not matter about Phil Collins having a solo career and working along side Genesis (They really started to sound as bad and cringe full as each other). Phil also began to get too personal I really started to hate their sound more and more as the 70's became the 80's.Fake electronic drums did not help their cause.

Still I will agree that Wind and Wuthering and Trick Of The Tail were the last of the great albums they released.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    It is after those two albums that I lost interest in Genesis. It did not matter about Phil Collins having a solo career and working along side Genesis (They really started to sound as bad and cringe full as each other). Phil also began to get too personal I really started to hate their sound more and more as the 70's became the 80's.Fake electronic drums did not help their cause.

Still I will agree that Wind and Wuthering and Trick Of The Tail were the last of the great albums they released.
                    We are in agreement, i'm going to see them in November just hope they will resist the temptation to play "the hits"

Comment

I watched Phil Collins with his band and backing singers in his 2004 Montreux concert it was a fab concert with Phil obviously talking to the audience in French

Comment

The later Genesis I didn't like much because of the clangy synths production, some of it was really irritating. I have always liked Phil Collins' voice though. So everything from the start up to the mid '80s and then I start wanting to weed out the clangy bits with effects. There were a lot of artists sounding like that back then, not my favorite time for music.
                        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I was raised primarily on Genesis, Yes and Pink Floyd.

A Trick Of The Tail is my favourite album by anyone, EVER!

Comment

Working...
                          X