Michael Bentine's potty time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bentine's potty time

was just sitting and day dreaming yesterday and this popped into my head for some reason.
    what a great program .
    anyone else recall it?
    http://www.thechestnut.com/potty.htm

Re: Michael Bentine's potty time

yep, loved the story he used to do where footprints would appear in sand,but you never saw anyone

Comment

He originally had a show on BBC 1. It was a bit like Crackerjack I seem to remember. There was a "special effects" part every week. It was always the best part of the show. It later morphed into "Potty Time" on ITV with just the special effects bits and some puppets that Bentine provided voices for. Great fun I remember.

Comment

i have been trying to get a hold of this for years and years.... with the invisible marauders and stuff. classic stuff!

Comment

this was a class show our my childhood the fact that you couldnt see any one when there was a battle really stuck in my mine old michael doing the sound efects was choice
          want that one

Comment

same here adored this show

I was always playing 'soldiers' with my Airfix figures, tanks, pontoon bridge etc etc, so the imaginary battles, with all the sound effects & voiceovers was right up my street

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

The first series of Potty Time is available on DVD. It's brilliant stuff, though I prefer the later episodes with the little Professor and his Potty Dictionary, some of which came out on a Best of Potty Time video in the 90s.

Comment

this programme was the stuff nightmares were made of
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

just got 'Michael Bentine's Potty Time Series 1' from Amazon... me & my son (who's 9) watched ALL 26 episodes today (well why not...I'm off work & schools are on strike!) 286 minutes !!

anyone know if & when the later series are coming out? (with the flea battles)

Dave
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Hello,
                    Now if my memory serves me right the first showing of Micheal Bentine was around 1956, before Potty Time, I cant remember the shows title but he had a family of long cylidrical ballon type figures called the "Bumblies" and they floated down to play then floated back up to the ceiling where they slept. Jog any memories ?? lol Regards Maltin

Comment

The Bumblies

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                        yep, loved the story he used to do where footprints would appear in sand,but you never saw anyone
                        Not sure, but wasn't that from his earlier "It's a Square World" series? Brilliant stuff, anyway.
                        Still crazy after all these years.

Comment

Michael Bentines potty time

I remember Michael Bentines potty time,I used to love the show especially the battle scenes at the end played out in miniature

Comment

Michael Bentines Potty Time

Do you remember this?............I remember sitting watching it after tea on a Sunday evening.

http://www.thechestnut.com/potty.htm

Comment

Re: Michael Bentines Potty Time

I have only the vaguest memories of watching this. I reckon it must have been one of the first things I was old enough to remember seeing on TV as its run ended in 1980 when I was 3/4. I don't remember anything pre-1980. Apparently I couldn't get enough of The Clangers but don't remember them at all!
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X