Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbers shops

Default Re: Barbers shops

How long ago was it when Barber's shaved customers with one of those cut throat razors?

I'm sure HSE would ban those if they haven't already been banned

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Nowadays you get female Barbers

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Nowadays you get female Barbers
    Blimey they will be flying planes next!
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Bints already fly planes lol

Look up Liveatc.com ,where you can stream ATC audio live & past recordings, such as the Hudson river landing, amongst others

The feminists say they can do any job a guy does

Such as HGV & bus driving

Local bus companies even hold female driver recruitment days lol

I remember even in the 1980s the barbers my Dad used to take me & my brother to occasionally women cutting our hair.

Normally the owner was cutting at one chair & a women at the other.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    The barber local to us in the 70s was called "Jock's" he had half a finger missing on his scissors hand (which us kids would stare at when he cut our fringes) and would rattle his false teeth around his mouth as he cut your hair.
    I suppose to left-handed people, one's "scissors hand" would vary.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    How long ago was it when Barber's shaved customers with one of those cut throat razors?

I'm sure HSE would ban those if they haven't already been banned
    This is the main reason why I would never use razors to remove stubble - cue having to use toilet paper to cover up the cuts on the face.

I would personally use scissors, and I am talking about in my own bathroom. I might ask for a shaver for Christmas to combat my fear of shaving.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

The barber's shop I mentioned in a previous post was quite dark and dingy. The shop was closed for a number of years when the guy retired, then it was taken over by a woman. She had it spruced up, and it was much brighter and cleaner inside. She was quite an attractive little blonde, so I had my hair cut there a fair few times--early to mid 80s. It was a shame as she didn't seem to get much custom, and one day I went along and it was shut up. She might have gotten more trade if she had cut women's hair, but she only did men. I was rather sad to see it close as I could tell she had put quite a bit of money into it. So far as I am aware, the premises were never taken over by anyone else, and it has been converted into a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk