Thread: KP Nuts advert from 1983

Default KP Nuts advert from 1983

I used to think that this advert for KP Nuts was the most embarrassing advert on TV, so much so that I hated it when it came on the screen (I even cursed my late parents for having ITV on all the time so that I would be frequently be "bumping into" the advert during Coronation Street or whatever programme was on. I was glad when it disappeared from our TV screens for good, until I was reunited with my fears courtesy of TV Ark and YouTube from 2005 onwards, and the irony was that over 20 years later, I managed to overcome my fears "phobia" of that advert. I mentioned this earlier on this year in that "Adverts that scared you" thread.

The actor (which I believe from past YT comments could be Pete Lee-Wilson) looks as if he is some sort of sub-Shakin' Stevens / Paul Young / Travolta / Fonz or whoever, wooing some young women (they could be in their late teens as they did look a lot older back in the early 1980s) and sharing his packets of nuts (if you excuse the expression) with them - perhaps I was jealous because his way with women? All this while eccentrically dancing around some private living room, singing like a ventriloquist, reworded lyrics to Lene Lovich's 1979 hit Lucky Number - something that I didn't make a connection with until Radio Trent had played it on their Music Jam programme and I realised the similarity of the tune to the one used in the advert. Even my first avatar was a still image from that advert, which is probably why I chose it in the first place.

For those of you who haven't got a clue what I am going on about, I provide a few still images from the advert, including what used to be my avatar.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails az KP.jpg  
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Default Re: KP Nuts advert from 1983

Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!