Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunt for random kids drink from the late 70's and early 80's....HEEEELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt for random kids drink from the late 70's and early 80's....HEEEELP!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I hope all's well. I was wondering if any of you could help me today. Back in the late 70's and early 80's my family would always hit Studland Bay in Dorset and us kids would have these particular bottles of drink on the beach. We loved them. My cousin Pete and me have been talking about these drinks for ages, literally years. But we can't remember for the life of us who made them?? The brand just completely escapes us! We've been searching the net from all angles using infinite searches while asking parents, aunts, uncles and cousins who would come away with us back then if they remember but we're still drawing a blank. I managed to dig out and dust off a handful of old holiday family snaps and although not very clear, there are a few pics of these mythical bottles but sadly you 'STILL' can't make out the brand. So guys, please go ahead and take a peep at the pics (I've drawn a red circle around the bottles) and see if you can help us at all. Any ideas would be great as we're completely losing the plot on this one! If it helps, one was shandy flavor and the other cola flavor. There could have been others but that's all we remember.

Good luck jogging any memories and thanks everyone,

Andy.

Attached Files

Re: Hunt for random kids drink from the late 70's and early 80's....HEEEELP!!!!

Panda pops?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I have to admit that I don't remember those bottles with the circle tops, but Fanta, or One Cal could be a possibility, and like Tex has said, Panda Pops could be another. I would guess that it would have been a Coca-Cola brand.

I do hope that the red circles on those photographs are not permanent.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Can say it's ringing any bells.. very distinctive & very much like the 80's Panda Pops design, but not seen them in those bottles
        Might be a supermarket branded drink?

Panda Pops best answer so far, as they were based in Dorset
        Last edited by sixtyten; 19-11-2019, 18:52.

Comment

I have Pepsi cola these days, although I believe that Panda Pops cola was a lot more sugary, probably because back then there wasn't as much awareness on the sugar content of drinks as they are now - not to say of course that there wasn't any awareness back then.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember Superdrug used to stock Panda Pops, normally in those open fronted fridges with clear plastic flaps over the front like a blind.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks Guys, I must admit I've tried searching Panda Pops, along with Corona, Cresta, One-Cal, Barr...etc...the list goes on and on! I also went the supermarket own brand route with anything from Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose and Bishops to Budens, Tesco, Bejams or Safeway!!!! If it wasn't for the photo's I'd think I imagined the bottles!!!!! ....oh, and no the red circles are most definitely not permanent on the pics! Lol!

Thanks and keep digging guys. Any sudden epiphany's are welcome!!! Good luck and thanks again! Andy.

Comment

They do ring a bell. Did they have like a plastic sleeve over the actual bottle where the labels are printed and the actual plastic bottle had a rounded bottom inside?

Comment

Good point about supermarket own-name brands - I always buy the well-known brands such as Pepsi simply by virtue of the fact that they are available from nearly every supermarket whereas Tesco own name brands for example are obviously not.

Don't forget that there were also corner shop brands such as Happy Shopper and Peacock - I would rule out HS as they only started to supply corner shops in 1986, although the Peacock brand would have been going back in the late 1970s.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X