Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Antiques and collectibles

Originally posted by tex View Post
    For t'was i who said i like to watch bargain hunt whilst eating my pot noodle, then the whole thread turned into the life threatening ingredients in a pot noodle thread.....I really don't eat pot noodles, i was kiddin, it's funny......well i guess you had to be there
    I am often at the back of the queue when it comes to getting jokes these days.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I love Flog It! It has nothing to do with the massive crush i have on the presenter ☺ but i am interested in antiques as my late father was an antique dealer. I could probably spot an antique at a car boot sale! ☺

Comment

I would add The Repair Shop to the list. Although they don't do auctions/valuing/etc a lot of the old pieces they work on are antiques not always just sentimental items.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
          I love Flog It! It has nothing to do with the massive crush i have on the presenter ☺ but i am interested in antiques as my late father was an antique dealer. I could probably spot an antique at a car boot sale! ☺
          Known in my house as Flobbit. Makes us want to spit...

sorry couldn't resist it

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            American pickers is another but its american they gro all over the country in a van seeing what can be found anything from signs to toys etc.

Altho i love antiques roadshow to me its still the daddy.
            What I find laughable about American Pickers is how many times they just walk by real antiques to grab that 1960s Texaco sign. The show inspired an Italian version called, naturally, Italian Pickers. And in that show they look for pretty much the same kind of stuff never mind the fact that Italy is a country with a lot of history and real antiques.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
              Known in my house as Flobbit. Makes us want to spit...

sorry couldn't resist it
              Makes you want to spit? I don't get it! Lol. ☺

Comment

I can enjoy The Repair Shop depending on what items they are fixing. I take it these shows are pretty cheap to make, this is why there is every variation they can think of. I do like to see things fixed whether it's houses or cars or any old thing. On This Old Thing from Channel 4 they would take old frocks and make new fashions to try and convince someone who would never wear vintage that they could.

In America there seems to be a lot of guy shows involving the words 'pickers' or 'storage' where there are rusty signs, old oil cans, motorcycle parts, or just piles of junk with one thing (said to be planted often) that is valuable in a competition to get the most profit from someone's abandoned and auctioned storage stuff. I'm waiting for a show titled Haunted Celebrity Antiques.
                My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                  I would add The Repair Shop to the list. Although they don't do auctions/valuing/etc a lot of the old pieces they work on are antiques not always just sentimental items.
                  Repair shop is not a real establishment, it's a museum chosen as the location for the show.
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                  X