Thread: First Christmas song played in 2019

Default First Christmas song played in 2019

At around 10.50 pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019, I heard my first Christmas song of the season - I was in the bath listening to Gold on the transistor radio and heard Lonely This Christmas by Mud which took me a bit by surprise. I actually thought that they wouldn't start until next Monday to be honest.

Have any of you heard your first Christmas song yet, and if so, what was it?

By the way, I got my first Christmas card in the post today, from a friend who lives in Wales.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Default Re: First Christmas song played in 2019

Bing was on radio manchester yesterday, white christmas
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    At around 10.50 pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019, I heard my first Christmas song of the season - I was in the bath listening to Gold on the transistor radio and heard Lonely This Christmas by Mud which took me a bit by surprise. I actually thought that they wouldn't start until next Monday to be honest.

Have any of you heard your first Christmas song yet, and if so, what was it?

By the way, I got my first Christmas card in the post today, from a friend who lives in Wales.
    As usual (or in general) George, it is a Fairytale of New York, a few days back

One Day (or Xmas rather) it is my ambition to fly into Pearl harbour/New York waterside (where most of the Planes fly in) listening to this .... then walk down a deserted New York City Cenntre listening to it at full volume!

80sChav

Does anyone know if Heart or Magic or any other national radio station is going to play non-stop Christmas songs between now and Christmas Day this year? I have scanned the Sky EPG and my digital radio and I can find nothing so far.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Does anyone know if Heart or Magic or any other national radio station is going to play non-stop Christmas songs between now and Christmas Day this year? I have scanned the Sky EPG and my digital radio and I can find nothing so far.
    I don't know sorry George - but i heard AFONY on Heart Yesterday afternoon and I certainly hope some of the main stations may play Non-stop though!

S'pose the alternative is to stream something, plenty of choice if you are looking for christmas cheer
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

While I was doing whistle-stop tours of various post boxes this morning, (doing the annual Christmas cards posting, as you do), between post boxes, I had my digital radio with me and Heart seem to have a Christmas station set up - I am not certain whether it is the same one from last year or a different one. I haven't rescanned my radio for a while so it might be reused from last year.