First Christmas song played in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Christmas song played in 2019

At around 10.50 pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019, I heard my first Christmas song of the season - I was in the bath listening to Gold on the transistor radio and heard Lonely This Christmas by Mud which took me a bit by surprise. I actually thought that they wouldn't start until next Monday to be honest.

Have any of you heard your first Christmas song yet, and if so, what was it?

By the way, I got my first Christmas card in the post today, from a friend who lives in Wales.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: First Christmas song played in 2019

Bing was on radio manchester yesterday, white christmas
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      At around 10.50 pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019, I heard my first Christmas song of the season - I was in the bath listening to Gold on the transistor radio and heard Lonely This Christmas by Mud which took me a bit by surprise. I actually thought that they wouldn't start until next Monday to be honest.

Have any of you heard your first Christmas song yet, and if so, what was it?

By the way, I got my first Christmas card in the post today, from a friend who lives in Wales.
      As usual (or in general) George, it is a Fairytale of New York, a few days back

One Day (or Xmas rather) it is my ambition to fly into Pearl harbour/New York waterside (where most of the Planes fly in) listening to this .... then walk down a deserted New York City Cenntre listening to it at full volume!

80sChav

Comment

Does anyone know if Heart or Magic or any other national radio station is going to play non-stop Christmas songs between now and Christmas Day this year? I have scanned the Sky EPG and my digital radio and I can find nothing so far.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Does anyone know if Heart or Magic or any other national radio station is going to play non-stop Christmas songs between now and Christmas Day this year? I have scanned the Sky EPG and my digital radio and I can find nothing so far.
          I don't know sorry George - but i heard AFONY on Heart Yesterday afternoon and I certainly hope some of the main stations may play Non-stop though!

Comment

S'pose the alternative is to stream something, plenty of choice if you are looking for christmas cheer
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

While I was doing whistle-stop tours of various post boxes this morning, (doing the annual Christmas cards posting, as you do), between post boxes, I had my digital radio with me and Heart seem to have a Christmas station set up - I am not certain whether it is the same one from last year or a different one. I haven't rescanned my radio for a while so it might be reused from last year.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Did my big Christmas shop in Asda and on Asda FM (or whatever it is called these days) they were playing obscure cover versions of well-known Christmas songs - I bet that the Performing Rights Society have actually prevented Asda from actually using the official version of their songs - ether that, or they are understanding that people are getting fed up with the originals and want a change of version of song.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X