Black friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black friday

So my wife and son just got in from a days christmas shopping in Manchester, seems i was right to forego the opportunity to get pushed and jostled around by a stampede of bargain hunting wilderbeest. The first thing they said on walking through the door was "never again"...now i know many people enjoy the whole christmas shopping thing but i just aint one of them, i'm happy to sit in my comfy armchair with a nice cup of coffee and browse Amazon for gift ideas, i also realise that me and people like me are the reason high street stores are on there knees, but i make no apologies for preserving my sanity and avoiding the backache and blisters brought about by dragging my weary body around town. Black friday offers are usually carried on for at least a week and are also found online.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Black friday

Online shopping is the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It seems to be an American tradition that doesn't fit in well in Great Britain - notice how just a few years ago, police had to be called to Tesco stores around the country when the public got out of hand trying to the grab the latest HD TV set? - I know that it happened in Tex's patch of Manchester. It does remind me of that Ikea store which opened at midnight in Edmonton, north London, one of the most deprived areas of London, and the locals went so mad that the store had to be closed within ten minutes and police reinforcements had to be called.

I received nine emails in my inbox today and eight of them were from various stores mentioning Black Friday.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Bought a phone for my wife at £129 three weeks ago. I saw it advertised yesterday at a Black Friday price of £169.
        So much for Black Friday.
        Never purchased on that date and never will.

Comment

The closest I had to a Black Friday shop was my online Tesco delivery arriving yesterday - ordered some stamps and despite the fact that the receipt said that they were included, they were not. Got a refund when I telephoned that 0800 number on the sheet.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Online chaos is the near future.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

Which can only mean more people will become obese.

Comment

All I did for Black Friday was redeem some 'reward points' to get one $50 gift card for the points that usually only got you a $25, and for a $25 with 2/3rds the points it would normally need. I had a nice surprise though, I ordered some books the day before and got a nice email from the seller saying he had been just about to launch a 70% off Black Friday sale and refunded me a large chunk!

I'm not obese though, for most of my life I have been concerningly underweight (then a couple stints living in the U.S. got me up a little more into normal range... high fructose corn syrup and brominated vegetable oil seems to be in a lot of their products. Some of the weight goes after awhile back in Canada).
                My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                  Which can only mean more people will become obese.
                  To be fair, I do the odd Amazon and eBay shop as well as the Tesco online shop - I think that it depends on what you order as to whether it makes one obese or not.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This sums Black Friday up tbh

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                      To be fair, I do the odd Amazon and eBay shop as well as the Tesco online shop - I think that it depends on what you order as to whether it makes one obese or not.
                      I meant if shoppers go out and purchase the item rather than having it delivered then you burn more calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                        I meant if shoppers go out and purchase the item rather than having it delivered then you burn more calories.
                        Certainly at this time of year you do.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes the first year we had it a few yrs back people where literally and actually fighting each other over tv's etc.

The uk is becoming americanised halloween here is now very american with pumpkins etc altho that started a fEW good while ago.
                          I wonder whats next.

Originally posted by george 1978 View Post
                          it seems to be an american tradition that doesn't fit in well in great britain - notice how just a few years ago, police had to be called to tesco stores around the country when the public got out of hand trying to the grab the latest hd tv set? - i know that it happened in tex's patch of manchester. It does remind me of that ikea store which opened at midnight in edmonton, north london, one of the most deprived areas of london, and the locals went so mad that the store had to be closed within ten minutes and police reinforcements had to be called.

I received nine emails in my inbox today and eight of them were from various stores mentioning black friday.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Yes the first year we had it a few yrs back people where literally and actually fighting each other over tv's etc.

The uk is becoming americanised halloween here is now very american with pumpkins etc altho that started a fEW good while ago.
                            I wonder whats next.
                            It just doesn't fit in with British culture, does it? - people being anti-social in public just to get the latest HD TV set or knockdown bargain. The irony is that the British tradition is people being patient and considerate, and don't mind queueing for what they want.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Has anyone decided what they want for Christmas yet?

This year, I have had the irony of wanting a new Member of Parliament - when was the last time that happened?
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X