Most Haunted Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Haunted Live

Derek Acorah was the best thing about this. He's full of c*ap, but very entertaining.

Comment

I watched a little bit of the Most Haunted Live from last weekend and I have to say it was absolute garbage. I actually don't mind some of the older episodes of the show, the first series in particular seems a little more genuine and the aim seemed to be about conducting a genuine paranormal experiment. Fast forward to the last few seasons and there has been more acting than a night at the theatre. The whole Derek Acorah situation has me sitting on the fence really, I don't know what to make of the guy but he has provided a few laughs!

I think what has watered Most Haunted down somewhat has been the inclusion of special celebrity episodes featuring the likes of Girls Aloud, Paul O'Grady and some of the Coronation Street Cast. I don't see the point of these celebrity versions at all.

Comment

Derek Acorah is trying to contact Michael Jackson on tv tonight
        I just wish I had sky as I'm sure it will be the funniest thing that's been on tv for ages

Comment

I watched a BBC 4 documentary last night called Ghosts In The Machine.A lot of people and actors were discussing ghost hunting shows and ghost dramas etc.When they got around to discussing Most Haunted,most were pretty skeptical about it....Until Yvette Fielding got on screen.Yvette really went out of her way to portray herself as a genuine,earnest investigator of the paranormal,and even griped about the OFCOM report about the show.
          Here is what OFCOM said about the show from wiki:

After many viewer complaints, the Television Regulator in the UK, Ofcom, cleared Most Haunted of any deception of its viewers, and ruled that Most Haunted is an entertainment show, not a legitimate investigation into the paranormal, and should not be taken seriously.[5]

Yvette is adamant OFCOM are,and were,WRONG!!

Comment

Loved Ghosts in the Machine. What's that theory that became a classic tv drama? Memory of stone? Stone memory? The idea that certain geological locations, in certain circumstances, can record an event of hightened emotion much like a cassette tape and play it back under the right conditions.

I think Dereck Acorah was using, what is it?, cold reading?

Which is, "I'm sensing that a bloke or bird beginning with a letter of the alphabet has property they wish left to me..."

I love these shows. There was a fantastically chilling one set in an old Victorian workhouse where the famillies were split up.

But yes, it's not a proper investigation anymore (if it ever was). It's all out of ear and eyeshot. Ghosthunters is better because they leave recording equiptment in place all night.
            Everytime I think of that hooded spectre in that old prison a chill runs through my spine

Comment

Derek Acorah. Ha! Didn't he used to play for Liverpool? Sure he did.

"What's that, Sam? Our bank balance is how big?"
              "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
                Got to agree with SG,Derren Brown is a clever chappie. His prog last year in the ol' US of A when he fooled all those believers in everything from UFO's to Dream machines was quite wicked. Of course you could argue that Yanks are quite gullible?
                Uh? Dream Machines? You don't mean those cylinders with the holes cut in that you stick on a record turntable with a light bulb and it puts you in a trance, do you? lol There's nothing to "believe" about them. Or is this something else?

And yeah...Most Haunted is definitely Ghoul-da-dash.

I am quite open to the idea that ghosts exist (I think the real question should be "What are they?") but that's really a post for the Fortean Times Forum but Most Haunted is just a scam job.... just like these "mediums", "Channellers" or whatever they're calling themselves this week.

Did love Derek Acorah! Especially when he used to scream abuse in Yvette's face and then act all innocent: "ooh sorry luv! I was possessed!" LMAO Maybe I should use this excuse next time me and the missus have a row?

Comment

Originally posted by steveffisher View Post
                  Derek Acorah. Ha! Didn't he used to play for Liverpool? Sure he did.

"What's that, Sam? Our bank balance is how big?"
                  Yes you're right Steve, he played under Bill Shankly.

Fake or not, I love Derek Acorah, he cracks me up!
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                    Loved Ghosts in the Machine. What's that theory that became a classic tv drama? Memory of stone? Stone memory? The idea that certain geological locations, in certain circumstances, can record an event of hightened emotion much like a cassette tape and play it back under the right conditions.
                    This was The Stone Tapes.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Does anyone watch GhostHunters on Living ? More beleivable and without the shreiking and wailing of Yvette Fielding & Co.

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                        This was The Stone Tapes.
                        That's it! Must check if its on DVD.
                        Yes Ghosthunters is cool, altho' it was a bit annoying to begin with as the boss men postured like they were from the CIA when really they were plumbers.
                        They were also hypocritical with their doofus stooges. If they'd seen it, it was a haunting. If a stooge saw it, it's a myth.
                        But it got better, and, as I mentioned, the episode in the old abandonded prison, with the ghost caught on camera, was class in a glass.

Comment

Working...
                        X