Eurovision song contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
    And now it’s tainted with accusations of on-air drug use from the victors front man

pure Eurovision !!

It certainly looked like he was snorting a line and France, who came second, complained and wanted the Italians disqualified.
    I see though that the singer did undergo a cocaine test and it was negative. He says he was just brushing or blowing some rubbish off the table.
    Glad the best song won overall.

Comment

I was wondering which country's authorities would have dealt with the winner's drug situation - would it be the Italian (because he's from Italy), Dutch (because of where the contest was held this year), or Swiss (because the EBU is based in Switzerland?)

We hear about drug taking in sports such as athletics because the competitors think that it makes them perform better (which it doesn't of course), but I would never have imagined Eurovision having a drug problem in a million years.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I liked the songs of Finland, Israel, Greece, Italy, France and Ukraine the most. The song from France is very reminiscent of the songs of Edith Piaf, a classic French chanson.

Comment

should be scraped been going on to long now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            should be scraped been going on to long now
            Nah, but don’t think the uk should be pumping money into it and automatically qualifying

Comment

The big family Eurovision BBQ is being hosted this year by my daughter-in-law's parents, so I can just turn up, scoff at the performances, sigh dramatically at the politicised voting and get sozzled!
              Can't wait!

Comment

Brilliant wasn't it?
                UK winning the international music juries' vote and Ukraine winning the most massive public phone-in vote ever, in an amazing show of international solidarity against Russia's brutal aggression.
                I reckon next year's EVSC will have to be held in the UK, as I cannot see the effects of the war on Ukraine's infrastructure having been rectified in under a year's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                  Brilliant wasn't it?
                  UK winning the international music juries' vote and Ukraine winning the most massive public phone-in vote ever, in an amazing show of international solidarity against Russia's brutal aggression.
                  I reckon next year's EVSC will have to be held in the UK, as I cannot see the effects of the war on Ukraine's infrastructure having been rectified in under a year's time.
                  It might work out like that, as usually if a winner can't host it a British one is a stand in.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I hate Eurovision. It's obviously fixed, and certainly fixed against us since the Iraq war, when all the European hypocrites were making some kind of half-brained point by smashing up the UK entry's dressing room. But now it's established that UK get's nil points, that's fixed in stone, because we're bad apparently, unlike all the other European countries who never did any wrong. The Germans have historically been lovely, and the Spanish conquistadors were so nice, to name but a few. I can only assume it's masochism on behalf of the British, who love getting spanked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                      I hate Eurovision. It's obviously fixed, and certainly fixed against us since the Iraq war, when all the European hypocrites were making some kind of half-brained point by smashing up the UK entry's dressing room. But now it's established that UK get's nil points, that's fixed in stone, because we're bad apparently, unlike all the other European countries who never did any wrong. The Germans have historically been lovely, and the Spanish conquistadors were so nice, to name but a few. I can only assume it's masochism on behalf of the British, who love getting spanked.
                      Blimey!
                      Didn't you even notice that we won the international juries' vote at this year's Eurovision and only came second overall instead of first because of Putin's invasion of Ukraine (let's face it, the Ukrainian group could have come on stage, dropped their pants and farted for 4 minutes and still won this year).
                      The UK has entered absolute dross for too many years.
                      When we enter a decent song we can win - as 2022 shows us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cartimand View Post

Blimey!
                        Didn't you even notice that we won the international juries' vote at this year's Eurovision and only came second overall instead of first because of Putin's invasion of Ukraine (let's face it, the Ukrainian group could have come on stage, dropped their pants and farted for 4 minutes and still won this year).
                        The UK has entered absolute dross for too many years.
                        When we enter a decent song we can win - as 2022 shows us!
                        Exactly, I remember a pre-Sugababes Jade Ewen did well when singing an Andrew Lloyd-Webber song since 2003, so it's a case of making an effort & being rewarded for it. No conspiracies required!
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Well, it's normally a nightmare. Abba were the best.

I still have faith in you.
                          Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-06-2022, 23:38.

Comment

• Oh, WOW, I'm genuinely shocked! 2nd place. Ok, I'm getting out my knife and fork to eat my hat. Hand me that slice of humble pie...

Comment

• Well we now know that Eurovision's coming home, but which city will host it?

If the venue is say Wembley Arena or the O2, then we will certainly apply for tickets (my daughter-in-law is the really big Eurovision nut).

Comment

• Oh, no, we're not paying for it again, are we?

Comment

Working...
                                X