Eurovision song contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision song contest

i can vaguely remember bucks fizz winning it in 81 when i was 4-at least it wasnt politically voted back then-mind you when we last won it in 97 with katrina and the waves i dont think we creamed the rest and it was a close call!

Comment

It's a great excuse for a boozy BBQ!

Comment

Now the uk has opted out of the EU will we still have to endure the Eurovision Song Contest?

I hope not lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Now the uk has opted out of the EU will we still have to endure the Eurovision Song Contest?

I hope not lol
          Don't count your chickens - Israel is in it remember.

What you can be sure of is nul points!

Comment

Exactly lol

The only year I liked was when Finnish band Lordi blew Eurovision away lol; other than when Abba won that is lol
            Last edited by Twocky61; 26-06-2016, 16:01.
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Uk is still part of europe so im sure it still will be on on british tv.

Still dont make sense having australia in it.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
              now the uk has opted out of the eu will we still have to endure the eurovision song contest?

I hope not lol
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Australia???!!! Really???!!!

I wonder when they entered Europe lol
                sigpic

Comment

I hope not lol
                  and me

Comment

Very rarely is there anything out of Eurovision becomes a hit

Two that come to mind are of course Abba's Waterloo & Bucks Fizz's Making Your Mind Up (I think it was if IRC)
                    sigpic

Comment

Very rarely is there anything out of Eurovision becomes a hit

Two that come to mind are of course Abba's Waterloo & Bucks Fizz's Making Your Mind Up (I think it was if IRC)
                      Nicole's A Little Peace was a UK No.1, as was Johnny Logan's What's Another Year.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I See A Star, the Dutch entry in 1974 (ABBA's year) reached #8 in the Yook!

Attached Files
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

i think the song dana won eurovision with became a hit.

Not many who win eurovision or do well in it go on to be big stars.

Abba and celine dion who won eurovision for switzerland 1988 are 2 i can think of who did well after e.v.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            i think the song dana won eurovision with became a hit.

Not many who win eurovision or do well in it go on to be big stars.

Abba and celine dion who won eurovision for switzerland 1988 are 2 i can think of who did well after e.v.
                            All kinds of everything by Dana 1970 she pipped Mary Hopkins to win

Johnny Logan won for Ireland in 1980 cannot remember his song title

Comment

All kinds of everything by Dana 1970 she pipped Mary Hopkins to win - UK #1

Johnny Logan won for Ireland in 1980 cannot remember his song title - What's Another Year, again UK #1

Also won in 1987 with Hold Me Now, UK #2

Attached Files
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I really like Hold Me Now.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X