Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Election 2019

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Crazy thing is the silly buffoon is just an act as he’s an extraordinary intelligent guy ... check out his time at university.. very impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's a shame because he's the sort of person who likes the title of office but hates doing the day to day work.

Supposedly when he was mayor of London the civil servants had to do all the serious stuff while he was either making personal appearances or coming up with daft vanity projects.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      It's a shame because he's the sort of person who likes the title of office but hates doing the day to day work.

Supposedly when he was mayor of London the civil servants had to do all the serious stuff while he was either making personal appearances or coming up with daft vanity projects.
      Na .... he surrounds himself with brilliant people .. who are better at the jobs he delegates - its the same ploy/ principle Donald Trump follows ..

Both great leaders for all their obvious failings ..

Comment

The irony was that if I had lived in London, I probably would have automatically voted for Johnson as Mayor.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Sadly, we will now be leaving the EU at the end of January. Done. However, I don't think we'll notice much difference until the trade deal, if we get one, is signed off. We are in a kind of phony war situation right now.

I think the scale of Boris' victory took everyone, including the man himself, by surprise.
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Na .... he surrounds himself with brilliant people .. who are better at the jobs he delegates - its the same ploy/ principle Donald Trump follows .. Both great leaders for all their obvious failings .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            In Trump's case they are people he thinks are brilliant but reality end up having to leave with their tails between their legs.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The problem I had with regards to this year's General Election (and my own vote) was the fact that I was very much in my 2016 mode - i.e. I voted Liberal Democrat and not Conservative to match the fact that I had voted Remain in the Referendum, and of course it did backfire when it came to the results. Originally, I voted Remain because I think that equality is a good thing, and remaining would mean the United Kingdom having the same status as France, Germany, Spain, and so on.

Most other voters had obviously moved on from three and a half years ago, and now had different perspectives and views of Brexit. The 2019 General Election is obviously closer to the Brexit date than the 2016 Referendum was, and so here we have a more pricewise perspective of wanting Brexit done from the voters. I have written "Brexit" on the 31st January entry in my new 2020 diary.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

In Trump's case they are people he thinks are brilliant but reality end up having to leave with their tails between their legs.
                That’s not them though ..it’s just that some won’t / don’t to do things the way he wants them done ( possibly shy of being legal ) ..I’d guess

Comment

What about new passports and driving licences they will have to be changed

Comment

I suppose that ID cards would also be affected as well, considering that passports and driving licences are just as much a form of ID as an ID card.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Bus passes for pensioners may have to be changed too. There's a £10.00 charge for a lost bus pass but it would be cruel if pensioners have to pay to have a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                        Bus passes for pensioners may have to be changed too. There's a £10.00 charge for a lost bus pass but it would be cruel if pensioners have to pay to have a new one.
                        I applied for my bus pass last month but because there is a big back log in Wales some people have waited 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                          I have a disability due to personal reasons which allows me free travel in England, and it needed to be renewed this year and so I renewed it back in March - I know that there is a £10.00 charge which I paid to the receptionist at my local doctors' surgery as my GP was needed to fill the medical side of the application form in, and so therefore that would be routine. Thinking back, I was burgled in April 2008 at my old place, and one assumes that would be regarded by law as a lost bus pass even though it was stolen, and obviously the charge would still apply, although whether the law has changed since then I am not sure.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            I applied for my bus pass last month but because there is a big back log in Wales some people have waited 3 months
                            I wonder whether it is the same at the moment with regards to England.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              I wonder whether it is the same at the moment with regards to England.
                              Low and behold got mine this morning.Not sure about passes in England

Comment

One good thing about living in England is that I can travel a lot further on my pass for obvious reasons rather than someone in Scotland or Wales - I do feel sorry for those with passes who live in Northumberland or Cumbria, wanting to travel north, or those who live in Shropshire, Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Bristol and so on wanting to travel west because the Scottish or Welsh borders are not too far away. East Anglia or Yorkshire are the best areas for long-distance travel in that respect.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X