Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Election 2019

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    One good thing about living in England is that I can travel a lot further on my pass for obvious reasons rather than someone in Scotland or Wales - I do feel sorry for those with passes who live in Northumberland or Cumbria, wanting to travel north, or those who live in Shropshire, Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Bristol and so on wanting to travel west because the Scottish or Welsh borders are not too far away. East Anglia or Yorkshire are the best areas for long-distance travel in that respect.
    How far have you travelled using your bus pass George?
    I sometimes buy a day ticket for the buses when I'm off work as the traffic of a weekend in Liverpool is very hectic, much easier to hop on and off the buses than to drive through heavy traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
      How far have you travelled using your bus pass George?
      I sometimes buy a day ticket for the buses when I'm off work as the traffic of a weekend in Liverpool is very hectic, much easier to hop on and off the buses than to drive through heavy traffic.
      Well, since I have had the recent version of the pass in 2015, I have used it when on holiday, although I don't travel directly from Nottingham to where I stay - I mostly get the National Express coach and then use it when I get to where I am staying. For my birthday, I travel around to different theatres around the country to see musicals that happen to be performing there on my birthday - for example, I stayed in Cornwall in 2016 and used it to travel by bus from where I was staying in Truro to Land's End via Penzance; in 2017 I stayed in Milton Keynes and travelled to Oxford, Cambridge, Bedford, and Peterborough; and last year I stayed in Slough and travelled to Reading, Newbury and Uxbridge.

Of course, most of the time I travel within Nottingham. Unfortunately, I stayed in Glasgow in 2015 so I couldn't use the pass as it was England only, although there has been talk that most buses can take card payment very soon.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I also had a pass back in 2008 but I couldn't renew it when it expired in 2013, until I got my new one in 2015.

I also used it this year when I was in Bournemouth.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

That's great George! I also like traveling on the National Express, I've travelled to London quite a few times on it as i don't like tunnels so can't use the trains. I've also travelled from here in Liverpool all the way to Portsmouth, it seemed to take forever by coach but i would do it again.

Comment

It would have been a lot nicer if someone went with me who could drive - only traffic jams and roadworks would get in the way there.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X