Thread: Food Banks

Default Food Banks

Was in Tesco this morning I bought 2 items for the xmas food bank donation,to find it was overflowing with stuff that customers had given plus 2 more bread trays full of tins and boxes.
    There are a lot of kind generous people out there.The season of goodwill is about giving always someone is worse off thinking of the homeless and people on their own this time of year

Default Re: Food Banks

I just hope that I will never have to use a food bank myself, and I would also like to say that my sympathies are with anyone, whether as an individual or a family who have to rely on food banks over the Christmas and New Year period this year.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Welcome back Jeanette LTNC

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Good thing about food banks is less food waste what with the sell by date system

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Welcome back Jeanette LTNC
    Thank you

My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.
    A very nice gesture - although I do send Christmas cards myself to anyone I can think of, I also send one to a charity with a cheque donation, and I feel that I am giving someone a Christmas present doing that, and not just a charity.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I've donated bags of pasta and rice to food banks. Also while at work I've given out 3 tokens on separate occasions to people who need to use foodbanks.

I bought 2 toys for Morrisons donations.Also put a few packets of biscuits in their food bank.Bought 2 raffle tickets in Aldi win hamper with Kevin the carrot toy donations for young chap with cancer.I think if I won the hamper then I would give it to someone in need.