Death of the cassette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death of the cassette

In days of yore when I had an idea for a tune, like countless others I would quickly record it on a cassette player so I would not forget it. Now if I want to record something quickly, I have to wade through a load of 'apps' on a phone, or set up some other digital recording equipment or some other thing which has awful quality in order to record the idea - by which time, I have forgotten the original idea. There is nothing I know which has the immediacy and convenience of a simple cassette recorder. All you had to do was press two buttons at the same time and you were away. I feel technology has passed this by. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.
    "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

Like the above I had a tape in the player all the time just ready to record anything I liked. I still have several tapes full of a minutes worth of tracks. Got to disagree about the conveniance thing mind, with rewindable live radio, soundhound, spotify, youtube etc it's all so much easier now.

Comment

as im permenantly stuck in the past all my music is still on cassetteas i prefer this method of listening anyway guys,my trusty ghettoblaster comes out and away we go

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post
          I'm sure the police still use them for interviews. MP3s and other computer records are too easily tampered with, a few clicks of the mouse can get rid of 'SMACK! AAARRRRGHHH! KICK! PUNCH! OOOOFFF!' and just leave 'yeah yeah, I did it'. Try getting all of that off a cassette!

Strangely enough Stockportyears some of the remoter police stations do still use triple-deck tape recorders for interviews. Mostly though the police now use triple deck CD players. On both formats there is a running time & date back track you can hear as people are talking so they are tamper proof. Also some of the remoter police stations use ink for fingerprints whereas most now use the live terminal system which not only stores your fingerprints but also ID's you from your fingerprints. So false name & the police you will know you are lying
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I have a cassette player in my car.....i plug one of those converters in it and plug my Ipod into it.....lol

Comment

I've kept some cassettes from when I used to tape songs from Radio 1 in the early 90's - back in the day when Steve Wright ruled the roost in the afternoon, Bruno and Liz were doing the Weekend Show and Jakkie Brambles had the Drivetime slot.

Comment

I have cassettes from 1990 to about 1994 i think.

remember buying them when they where first released.

They are mariah carey albums.

Must have been about 1995 they stopped making them but not too sure.
                Last edited by darren; 06-05-2015, 13:39.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember pre-recorded tapes being around to at least 2000, maybe some shops stopped selling them before then.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My father has a whole cupboard full of old cassettes with some of the old songs on them. I remember many years ago when we used to sit down in the room, listening to the music coming from his stereo.

Those were some pretty good times. Kind of pity that CD have pretty much superseded cassettes. The magic can never be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X