Food Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Banks

Was in Tesco this morning I bought 2 items for the xmas food bank donation,to find it was overflowing with stuff that customers had given plus 2 more bread trays full of tins and boxes.
    There are a lot of kind generous people out there.The season of goodwill is about giving always someone is worse off thinking of the homeless and people on their own this time of year

Re: Food Banks

I just hope that I will never have to use a food bank myself, and I would also like to say that my sympathies are with anyone, whether as an individual or a family who have to rely on food banks over the Christmas and New Year period this year.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Welcome back Jeanette LTNC
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Good thing about food banks is less food waste what with the sell by date system
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Welcome back Jeanette LTNC
          Thank you

Comment

My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              My Brother & his girlfriend didn't send any Christmas cards this year & used the money to donate food to their local homeless shelter.
              A very nice gesture - although I do send Christmas cards myself to anyone I can think of, I also send one to a charity with a cheque donation, and I feel that I am giving someone a Christmas present doing that, and not just a charity.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I've donated bags of pasta and rice to food banks. Also while at work I've given out 3 tokens on separate occasions to people who need to use foodbanks.

Comment

I bought 2 toys for Morrisons donations.Also put a few packets of biscuits in their food bank.Bought 2 raffle tickets in Aldi win hamper with Kevin the carrot toy donations for young chap with cancer.I think if I won the hamper then I would give it to someone in need.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    Was in Tesco this morning I bought 2 items for the xmas food bank donation,to find it was overflowing with stuff that customers had given plus 2 more bread trays full of tins and boxes.
                    There are a lot of kind generous people out there.The season of goodwill is about giving always someone is worse off thinking of the homeless and people on their own this time of year
                    You quickly changed your tune !

In another thread you recently suggested that the homeless were simply con men who borrowed dogs ( a ridiculous idea in itself ) to get people to feel even more generous towards them ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      You quickly changed your tune !

In another thread you recently suggested that the homeless were simply con men who borrowed dogs ( a ridiculous idea in itself ) to get people to feel even more generous towards them ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      Yeah, think that was me actually...what you say here is a bit of a generalisation Zinc, what i remember saying in a previous thread about homeless people was that many (not all) beggars are not necessarily homeless and find it easier and actually quite prosperous to sit next to cash machines and outside supermarkets asking for free money.
                      I went on to talk about the experiment done by Ed stafford in which he lived on the streets of Manchester for a week and found that beggars were going back to there homes after there "shift"...Can't stress enough the word "many" and certainly not "all" homeless people do this. I was talking to door security at the Bridgewater hall in Manchester town centre not so long ago, he pointed out three beggars to me who actually live together in a swanky apartment on the outskirts of town. These people do a lot of harm to genuine cases of homelessness as people are now less likely to offer help where it's genuinely needed.
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Food Banks

Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Yeah, think that was me actually...what you say here is a bit of a generalisation Zinc, what i remember saying in a previous thread about homeless people was that many (not all) beggars are not necessarily homeless and find it easier and actually quite prosperous to sit next to cash machines and outside supermarkets asking for free money.
                        I went on to talk about the experiment done by Ed stafford in which he lived on the streets of Manchester for a week and found that beggars were going back to there homes after there "shift"...Can't stress enough the word "many" and certainly not "all" homeless people do this. I was talking to door security at the Bridgewater hall in Manchester town centre not so long ago, he pointed out three beggars to me who actually live together in a swanky apartment on the outskirts of town. These people do a lot of harm to genuine cases of homelessness as people are now less likely to offer help where it's genuinely needed.
                        It wasn’t you bud I quoted the person in question

.. I saw your later quote about the Ed Banks program ..and took it on board .. there’s always the minority who will try it on ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post

Revisited

Such a lovely sentiment in the last sentence , yet shortly after that you posted this ..

How very odd .

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            It wasn’t you bud I quoted the person in question

.. I saw your later quote about the Ed Banks program ..and took it on board .. there’s always the minority who will try it on ..

Ah...sorry,my bad.......Oh and it's Ed stafford
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                              Ah...sorry,my bad.......Oh and it's Ed stafford
                              That’s spell correct somehow !
                              I thought I’d typed Stafford but must have fumbled and it was ‘corrected’

Comment

Working...
                              X