The Merry Christmas Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Merry Christmas Thread 2019

Have you had a flu jab this year George?
    I get mine each year, i still get the common cold but not the flu.
    There's loads of people coming down with flu, we saw a few elderly people admitted over the Christmas with it.

Comment

I still have got a bit of a cough but it has cleared up a bit - all I know was that I felt strange during the early hours of Boxing Day and the next time I had anything proper to eat was on Monday. When you feel tired and not bothering to do things, it can be an ordeal to go and get a bottle of Benylin from the Sainsbury's local around the corner - I haven't been out since Christmas.

I know that pensioners, the disabled, under fives, and pregnant women can get the flu jab for free - mind you, I am on benefits so I am almost certain that I would qualify as well. I might contact my local GP surgery and ask then about it,
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        I still have got a bit of a cough but it has cleared up a bit - all I know was that I felt strange during the early hours of Boxing Day and the next time I had anything proper to eat was on Monday. When you feel tired and not bothering to do things, it can be an ordeal to go and get a bottle of Benylin from the Sainsbury's local around the corner - I haven't been out since Christmas.

I know that pensioners, the disabled, under fives, and pregnant women can get the flu jab for free - mind you, I am on benefits so I am almost certain that I would qualify as well. I might contact my local GP surgery and ask then about it,
        You may fit the criteria George for the free flu jab. I know patients with chronic illnesses and low immune systems qualify so worth ringing your docs.

Comment

I will consider it - my NHS card in my wallet will probably be my best friend in circumstances such as this.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I had the flu jab once probably 8-10 years ago... i was so ill for days afterwards, i never had it since
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              I had the flu jab once probably 8-10 years ago... i was so ill for days afterwards, i never had it since
              I know a woman who had the flu jab a few years ago, she had the most awful side effects from it, she also lost weight, she ended up with anxiety and suffered mental health issues through being so worried about her health since having the flu jab
              She did recover and was told she was the first person to suffer a certain side effect but now that it is a side effect it is listed as one.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                Thanks for the advice, Tex. You know, I have always had a phobia of needles and jabs and I think that it could be one of the reasons why.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X