Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Merry Christmas Thread 2019

Default Re: The Merry Christmas Thread 2019

Merry Christmas to you all
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Merry Christmas everyone

Thanks George! I had 3 12hr shifts, it was pretty exhausting, i think I've well and truly earned some time off for the new year. It's overwhelming now being a junior doctor, things are bound to be more intense in the future.

I have had the bout of flu between Christmas and New Year (hence my absence from this forum since Christmas Day), and I have to say that it is at times like this that one really relies on our medical profession and what the NHS does and what they are actually capable of, especially at this time of year when coughs, colds, flu and the like are at its highest especially with our elderly, vulnerable and immune members of out society.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Hope your feeling better George flu is horrible really brings you down

Have you had a flu jab this year George?
    I get mine each year, i still get the common cold but not the flu.
    There's loads of people coming down with flu, we saw a few elderly people admitted over the Christmas with it.

I still have got a bit of a cough but it has cleared up a bit - all I know was that I felt strange during the early hours of Boxing Day and the next time I had anything proper to eat was on Monday. When you feel tired and not bothering to do things, it can be an ordeal to go and get a bottle of Benylin from the Sainsbury's local around the corner - I haven't been out since Christmas.

I know that pensioners, the disabled, under fives, and pregnant women can get the flu jab for free - mind you, I am on benefits so I am almost certain that I would qualify as well. I might contact my local GP surgery and ask then about it,
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I still have got a bit of a cough but it has cleared up a bit - all I know was that I felt strange during the early hours of Boxing Day and the next time I had anything proper to eat was on Monday. When you feel tired and not bothering to do things, it can be an ordeal to go and get a bottle of Benylin from the Sainsbury's local around the corner - I haven't been out since Christmas.

I know that pensioners, the disabled, under fives, and pregnant women can get the flu jab for free - mind you, I am on benefits so I am almost certain that I would qualify as well. I might contact my local GP surgery and ask then about it,
    You may fit the criteria George for the free flu jab. I know patients with chronic illnesses and low immune systems qualify so worth ringing your docs.

I will consider it - my NHS card in my wallet will probably be my best friend in circumstances such as this.

I had the flu jab once probably 8-10 years ago... i was so ill for days afterwards, i never had it since
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!