'Contact' by Jodie Foster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Contact' by Jodie Foster

Does anyone see the 1997 film 'Contact', starring Jodie Foster, as being one of the most fantastic sci-fi movies of all time?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: 'Contact' by Jodie Foster

Written by the great Carl Sagan.
    My favourite is 2001A space odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
      Does anyone see the 1997 film 'Contact', starring Jodie Foster, as being one of the most fantastic sci-fi movies of all time?
      It's called contact but as i recall you never see the "contacted"...to be honest i need to watch it again me thinks
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        It's called contact but as i recall you never see the "contacted"...to be honest i need to watch it again me thinks
        What actually happens in the end is that an alien being masquerades as her father who died during her childhood.

The only snag is that, because there was no evidence of her having this alien
        encounter, her account of what took place was dismissed as merely a figment of her imagination.
        "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

My fave "alien encounter" movie is fire in the sky the "true" story of Travis walton a lumberjack who was abducted in the 70s, the abduction was witnessed by four of his workmates who all took a lie detector test and passed with flying colours. Walton was "returned" after three weeks and was found naked cowering in a public phonebox, he also took a lie detector and was also shown to be telling the truth. He maintains to this day that he was taken aboard a ufo and was subjected to many experiments many of which he would not speak about.....you decide!
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
          X