Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crackerjack is back!

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    And remember it was Crackerjack's Peter Glaze (the straight man to Don Maclean) who invented the "Doh!" catchphrase long before Homer Simpson!
    Before my time, so I wouldn't know, although I have never heard anyone refer to that.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I watched Crackerjack in the early 1980s when Stu Francis presented it. The Krankies and the Great Soprendo regularly featured on the programme and Chas & Dave provided the theme tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Homewood View Post
        I watched Crackerjack in the early 1980s when Stu Francis presented it. The Krankies and the Great Soprendo regularly featured on the programme and Chas & Dave provided the theme tune.
        Same memories as me, also a boy puppet who would do a funny walk to The Entertainer was a common guest.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Does anyone remember that Stu Francis Children's ITV show Crush a Grape which was on Friday afternoons circa autumn 1988? It was made by Border TV, (no it didn't have Derek Batey in it), and the title was obviously based on Francis' catchphrase.

I assume that the Crush a Grape was more or less Crackerjack in a similar form.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Will kids now think the same of it as we did.
            As part of the target audience when it was on in the 70's, I always used to think it was rubbish, and hated the sound of all the screaming kids in the audience. So yes, probably.

Comment

Working...
            X