Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Winter

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,335

    Default Re: Winter

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I was awakened by the storms the other night ( 3am) . .. gale force winds , driving rain and hail stones .. 2C and it felt cold even inside..

    Then I realised that there we’re homeless guys sleeping rough outside .. sooo very upsetting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have sympathy for the homeless but there are so many NON homeless begging on the streets these days who actually make a decent living from begging then go home to count the loot...DON'T give money to beggars as often you are just paying for drugs and booze, instead give them food
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Winter

    Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I have sympathy for the homeless but there are so many NON homeless begging on the streets these days who actually make a decent living from begging then go home to count the loot...DON'T give money to beggars as often you are just paying for drugs and booze, instead give them food
    Iíve heard all those Ďstoriesí and to be honest I believe most are just made up - for some strange reason.


    I heard a bloke on the radio ( supposedly a taxi driver ) who said one of his regular customers pretends to be homeless but gets picked up and dropped off each day by the same taxi firm ..supposedly lives in a lovely detached house with a BMW parked out the front ....

    Sounded utter bollox and thankfully the chat show host told him so !!

    Iíve heard variations on that story for years ... and given how social media works these days why would any fake homeless guy tell details of his sordid life anyways ..


    Iíve yet to see a homeless guy who wasnít dreadfully underweight and didnít have half their teeth missing



    Bollox


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #83

    Default Re: Winter

    The worst ones are when they beg and have a dog with them,either it's their own pet or borrowed it from someone.Knowing animal lovers passing by a going to drop a coin

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Winter

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    The worst ones are when they beg and have a dog with them,either it's their own pet or borrowed it from someone.Knowing animal lovers passing by a going to drop a coin
    Then again the dog is their only friend ...if your not a dog lover you wonít understand the bond ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #85

    Default Re: Winter

    Guess what I have a cold and sore throat 3 times this year and it's not even March yet.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Winter

    My friend has been to Paignton for 5 days came back with cold & sore throat.My cousin had a cough for 2 weeks

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    2,335

    Default Re: Winter

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Iíve heard all those Ďstoriesí and to be honest I believe most are just made up - for some strange reason.


    I heard a bloke on the radio ( supposedly a taxi driver ) who said one of his regular customers pretends to be homeless but gets picked up and dropped off each day by the same taxi firm ..supposedly lives in a lovely detached house with a BMW parked out the front ....

    Sounded utter bollox and thankfully the chat show host told him so !!

    Iíve heard variations on that story for years ... and given how social media works these days why would any fake homeless guy tell details of his sordid life anyways ..


    Iíve yet to see a homeless guy who wasnít dreadfully underweight and didnít have half their teeth missing



    Bollox


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ed stafford made a very interesting programme last year in which he spent a week living on the streets of Manchester, he befriended one fella who actually offered to put him up for the night in his flat, ok it wasn't Buck palace but neither was it the typical abode of one who is homeless. This same bloke spent most of the money he was given on drink and drugs and i expect the rest paid the rent on his flat, the number of people giving them food was astounding, i'm surprised any of them go hungry
    Last edited by tex; 4 Weeks Ago at 19:47.
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Similar Threads

  1. Empire Stores Autumn/Winter 1994
    By glasgowfranko1981 in forum Miscellaneous memories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-10-2014, 17:33
  2. The Winter of Discontent, 1978-79
    By stockportyears in forum World events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-05-2014, 18:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •