• Show
Clear All

Re: Winter

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Well if Ellen's brewing i'll have a tea two sugars
    and milk

Comment

More gales & rain are focused storm Ellen also it says 8 inches of snow on the way

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        More gales & rain are focused storm Ellen also it says 8 inches of snow on the way
        Oh heck, i expect the country will grind to a halt again
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Oh heck, i expect the country will grind to a halt again
          It has been a rough night gales & rain no end to winter

Comment

It has been a rough night gales & rain no end to winter
            I was awakened by the storms the other night ( 3am) . .. gale force winds , driving rain and hail stones .. 2C and it felt cold even inside..

Then I realised that there we’re homeless guys sleeping rough outside .. sooo very upsetting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
              I was awakened by the storms the other night ( 3am) . .. gale force winds , driving rain and hail stones .. 2C and it felt cold even inside..

Then I realised that there we’re homeless guys sleeping rough outside .. sooo very upsetting

I have sympathy for the homeless but there are so many NON homeless begging on the streets these days who actually make a decent living from begging then go home to count the loot...DON'T give money to beggars as often you are just paying for drugs and booze, instead give them food

Comment

I have sympathy for the homeless but there are so many NON homeless begging on the streets these days who actually make a decent living from begging then go home to count the loot...DON'T give money to beggars as often you are just paying for drugs and booze, instead give them food
                I’ve heard all those ‘stories’ and to be honest I believe most are just made up - for some strange reason.

I heard a bloke on the radio ( supposedly a taxi driver ) who said one of his regular customers pretends to be homeless but gets picked up and dropped off each day by the same taxi firm ..supposedly lives in a lovely detached house with a BMW parked out the front ....

Sounded utter bollox and thankfully the chat show host told him so !!

I’ve heard variations on that story for years ... and given how social media works these days why would any fake homeless guy tell details of his sordid life anyways ..

I’ve yet to see a homeless guy who wasn’t dreadfully underweight and didn’t have half their teeth missing

Bollox

Comment

The worst ones are when they beg and have a dog with them,either it's their own pet or borrowed it from someone.Knowing animal lovers passing by a going to drop a coin

Comment

The worst ones are when they beg and have a dog with them,either it's their own pet or borrowed it from someone.Knowing animal lovers passing by a going to drop a coin
                    Then again the dog is their only friend ...if your not a dog lover you won’t understand the bond ..

Comment

Guess what I have a cold and sore throat 3 times this year and it's not even March yet.

Comment

My friend has been to Paignton for 5 days came back with cold & sore throat.My cousin had a cough for 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          I’ve heard all those ‘stories’ and to be honest I believe most are just made up - for some strange reason.

I heard a bloke on the radio ( supposedly a taxi driver ) who said one of his regular customers pretends to be homeless but gets picked up and dropped off each day by the same taxi firm ..supposedly lives in a lovely detached house with a BMW parked out the front ....

Sounded utter bollox and thankfully the chat show host told him so !!

I’ve heard variations on that story for years ... and given how social media works these days why would any fake homeless guy tell details of his sordid life anyways ..

I’ve yet to see a homeless guy who wasn’t dreadfully underweight and didn’t have half their teeth missing

Bollox

Ed stafford made a very interesting programme last year in which he spent a week living on the streets of Manchester, he befriended one fella who actually offered to put him up for the night in his flat, ok it wasn't Buck palace but neither was it the typical abode of one who is homeless. This same bloke spent most of the money he was given on drink and drugs and i expect the rest paid the rent on his flat, the number of people giving them food was astounding, i'm surprised any of them go hungry
                          Last edited by tex; 28-02-2020, 19:47.

Comment

Everything makes sense now ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In January 1982 I had a week off work .I hadn't seen so many people walking through the snow looking for bread
                              Mmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X