Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter

Default Winter

Looking out of the window first thing this morning,the cars are frozen solid after a really cold night,got me thinking I cannot wait for spring to arrive.The thought of venturing out scraping the ice off the screen.Do you find that late Autumn & Winter drags,whilst Spring & Summer go by quickly

Default Re: Winter

Now that i'm retired it doesn't bother me so much but it's no fun at 7am scraping the windscreen and driving to work in the freezing cold, keeping it in perspective however we don't have to endure the terrible weather that many countries do. Like most people i look forward to summer and doing a bit of gardening which i enjoy.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I don't know - summer seemed to last longer when I was younger than the winter months did. Managed to get through Blue Monday without any major problems.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Now that i'm retired it doesn't bother me so much but it's no fun at 7am scraping the windscreen and driving to work in the freezing cold, keeping it in perspective however we don't have to endure the terrible weather that many countries do. Like most people i look forward to summer and doing a bit of
    gardening which i enjoy.
    There is always plenty of things to do in the garden after the winter

The days are starting to get now tho up to 2 to 3 mins per day.

Winter also has been my fave season the cold air lovely.

hiking the mountains in the snow i loves
    it.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    looking out of the window first thing this morning,the cars are frozen solid after a really cold night,got me thinking i cannot wait for spring to arrive.the thought of venturing out scraping the ice off the screen.do you find that late autumn & winter drags,whilst spring & summer go by quickly
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

It gets dark now after 4.30 pm and not before 4.00 pm like this time last month.

Checked my post in the box today, and correctly predicted that I would get my new TV Licence in the post, along with three other items. It isn't too bad staying indoors and watching TV if it is cold and dark outside (Bowls, anyone?)
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Another frosty morning the evenings are getting a bit lighter which is a good thing.

I think that I am coming down with head cold hope it dont turn into bronchitis

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I think that I am coming down with head cold hope it dont turn into bronchitis
    Are your lungs in your head?
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Quote Originally Posted by HG View Post
    Are your lungs in your head?
    Must be a reflex thing.