Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Winter

Default Re: Winter

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Ever thought about working for the Met Office?
    No lol Wales is forecast to have snow the weekend storm blizzard Dennis the menace

Tons of snow here last night and today and tomorrow for a while.

Very windy indeed.

Usual severe disruption to trains etc.

Kids liking it tho.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Why is it this country is not prepared for snow with school closures cancellations of transport whilst other countries continue to run their transport go to school.I went to school in the snow in primary school.I remember it always snowed on St David's day,by the way my cold is back

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Why is it this country is not prepared for snow with school closures cancellations of transport whilst other countries continue to run their transport go to school.I went to school in the snow in primary school.I remember it always snowed on St David's day,by the way my cold is back
    Presumably lack of funding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wondered how long it would be before the Dennis the Menace storm would be nicknamed - the Daily Star was one of the first to pick up on that one!
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Probably because we are not used to snow in this country as other countries are - the fact that most children live within the catchment area of their school makes it easy to get there even in snowy weather as they probably only live a few streets away. On the other hand, teachers probably live several miles out and so therefore it would be a bit more of a challenge to get to the school, and don't forget that they are the main people who keeps a school functioning. Caretakers and Site Managers often live on the premises, and so it wouldn't be a problem to get there and investigate any burst water pipes or no power.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I wondered how long it would be before the Dennis the Menace storm would be nicknamed - the Daily Star was one of the first to pick up on that one!
    The calm before the next storm

I was woken up by flash of lightning and a few rumbles of thunder and heavy downpours at 4am

I didn't hear lightning, and I don't think that I would have been fully asleep at that time.

There was a bit of sun coming out yesterday - unbelievable that only 48 hours before it was snowing.